Redwood City Civic Cultural Commission - Redwood City Council
Funding or PIN Number:
USA: California: Redwood City
Deadline: 05/04/18 5:00 PM Receipt - For large grant applications only.
Add to calendar
Grants of up to $1,000 and grants starting at $1,001 to Redwood City, California nonprofit organizations for programs, events, and activities that enhance art and culture within the City. Funding is intended for the following areas of priority:
- Development of the downtown area as the City's cultural center
- Events that celebrate diversity
- Art for youth and programs that focus on a senior audience
- Public art and support of local arts organizations, and securing alternative funding sources for the arts.
- Alternative funding sources for the arts
The Civic Cultural Commission has set-up guidelines to allocate funds as follows:
- Large Grants ($1,001 or more, all applicants reviewed once per year) = $40,000
- Small Grants ($1,000 or less, up to twice per fiscal year) = $9,000
- Commission Events (Amounts may vary) = $9,896
The Redwood City Civic Cultural Commission will give additional consideration to a grant request if the requesting organization has applied for matching funds; the grant provides increased support of new programs/projects with diminishing funding for ongoing programs. There is an emphasis on benefiting a large amount of people for a reasonable cost; and seeing benefits that come back to Redwood City, such as providing outreach to Redwood City residents.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
-Applicant must be based in Redwood City or be requesting funds for a performance or project in Redwood City.
-Applicants requesting funds must be non-profit and demonstrate financial stability.
-Funding requests must represent no more than 20% of an applicant’s total annual budget.
-Ongoing staff salaries
- March 16, 2018 - Call for large grant applications sent to former applicants, recipients, and local arts organizations.
- May 4, 2018 - 5:00 PM deadline for large grant applications for fiscal year 2018-2019.
- May 14, 2018 - Packet of all applications mailed to commissioners.
- June 7, 2018 - All applicants must be present at the Commission’s meeting to make a short five minute presentation and answer questions on their grant request.
- June 25, 2018 - Proposed funding agreements presented to City Council.
- July 6, 2018 - Grantees will be notified of approved awards and contracts sent out.
Requests for small grants may be sent through the year but must be received at least two weeks before the Commission date where action is requested.
The applicant must first obtain permission for the use of the facility and coordinate the time, date and specific requirements for the event or project with the facility owners prior to applying for Commission funding.
The Commission will give additional consideration to a grant request if the requesting organization has applied for matching funds.
Additional Funding Information
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Estimated Size of Grant
- Large grants: $1,001 or more
- Small grants: $1,000 or less
- Commission events - amounts may vary
Term of Contract
Funding is for the Fiscal Year 2018-2019 (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019).