Foundation / Corporation
Unity Point Health - St. Luke's Foundation
Matching grants of up to $5,000 to Cedar Rapids area, Iowa emergency services in eligible rural communities for training, equipment, and transportation. Eligible recipients include ambulance services, fire and rescue departments, first responders, transportation programs, and paramedics serving Benton, Delaware, Cedar, Iowa, northern Johnson, Jones, and Linn counties.
St. Luke's Rural Healthcare Grant Program's resources are focused in the areas of:
- Equipment for emergency care in the pre-hospital environment
- Training for emergency personnel to gain or enhance their skills
- Mileage reimbursement for Transportation Programs
GrantWatch ID#: 142497
Maximum grant request is $5,000.
To be eligible for a St. Luke's Rural Healthcare Grant applicant entity must be located in a rural community serving Benton, Cedar, Delaware, Iowa, northern Johnson, Jones, and Linn counties. Eligible entities include:
- Ambulance Services
- Fire and Rescue Departments
- First Responders
- Transportation Programs
St. Luke's Foundation provides grants to:
- Nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) tax status with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Entities part of a governmental unit. Documentation is required to demonstrate that an agency is a part of the county, city, etc.
- If an entity is not part of the main government, applicant entity must provide a copy of its 28E Agreement.
In general, the Foundation will not consider requests for:
- Basic infrastructure needs (furniture, vehicle repairs)
- Capital campaigns
- Emergency or continued operating support
- Endowment campaigns
- Fundraising or athletic events
- Multiple year commitments
- Political advocacy, lobbying organizations
Application deadline is noon on April 16, 2018.
Matching Grant Guidelines:
Maximum grant request is $5,000. St. Luke's Rural Healthcare Grant will not fund more than 50% of the equipment purchase, training costs and/or annual mileage reimbursement. This is a matching grant. The grant is made on a matching basis whereby St. Luke’s Foundation will award $1 for every $1 raised between January 1 to December 31 of the calendar year the grant was awarded. The deadline for matching this grant is December 31.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application attached below in Supporting Documents.
Submit applications to:
St. Luke's Foundation Rural Healthcare Grant Program
855 A Avenue NE, Suite 105,
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Questions, please contact Tonya Arnold at:
USA: Iowa: Benton, Cedar, Delaware, Iowa, northern Johnson, Jones, and Linn Counties