Foundation / Corporation
IslandWood and Seattle Foundation
Awards of $10,000 to Washington K-12 teachers in public or private schools to recognize efforts to inspire students through environmental and community stewardship projects. The awards program honors teachers who extend learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
Candidates for the Patsy Collins Award should exhibit these qualities:
- Demonstrate commitment to engage students in learning experiences using the schoolyard and surrounding community
- Engage students in project-based experiences that motivate and inspire students toward environmental awareness and/or stewardship behaviors
- Design learning experiences with an equity orientation to engage all learners, including those from historically marginalized or nondominant communities
- Serve as a respected resource to colleagues and community leaders
- Be committed to professional development.
GrantWatch ID#: 142502
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://islandwood.org/patsy-collins-award/patsy-collins-award-application/
To nominate a teacher: https://islandwood.org/nominate-a-teacher/
For questions, please contact:
4450 Blakely Ave. NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110