Foundation / Corporation
Foundation for MetroWest
03/22/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $7,000 to Lexington, Massachusetts nonprofit organizations and local government agencies for programming and general operating support. Funding is intended for activities that improve the quality of life of local residents and focus on arts and culture, health and human services, community development, and the environment. Applications that bring innovative thinking to big and small issues are encouraged.
For 2019 CEL will take particular interest in grant applications that include a focus on collaboration, thereby supporting CEL’s interest in building a strong, healthy community. CEL is looking for grant applications that feature a project that involves one or more nonprofits or town agencies working in Lexington. On a limited basis, the CEL will consider funding operations and general support. Organizations seeking operations and general support should be prepared to explain any decreases in funding from government sources, as well as plans to sustain going forward.
Proposals may be submitted for:
- Programming (existing, pilot, or expanded)
- Capital goods to advance programming or services offered (e.g., laptops)
- Capacity-building efforts including, but not limited to: Strategic planning; Data and evaluation; Organizational development; Communications and marketing; and Board of Directors (e.g., succession planning).
- Health and Human Services: To support families, youth, and underserved populations in creating pathways that improve overall quality of life.
- Arts and Culture: To support the cultural vitality of the Lexington community, including the visual arts, the performing arts, and historic preservation.
- Environment: To preserve Lexington’s natural resources and to increase environmental awareness, education, and engagement.
- Community Building: To support increased volunteerism and community involvement, to strengthen civic engagement, and to emphasize collaborations that enhance community initiatives.
GrantWatch ID#: 143248
Grant proposals will be accepted for proposals up to $7,000; the typical grant will range from $1,000 to $5,000.
CEL awards grants to nonprofits and town agencies working in the areas of health and human services, arts and culture, the environment, and community building.
All applicants must have:
- 501(c)(3) tax status as a registered nonprofit organization OR have an eligible fiscal sponsor OR be a Town of Lexington department, board, or commission
- Programming that wholly or predominantly serves Lexington residents.
Two or more eligible organizations may submit a joint proposal, but one organization must be identified as the primary organization. Proposal narratives should clearly indicate the division of responsibilities of each organization.
Funding is not provided for capital campaigns. Grants are not provided for emergency assistance, or to individuals in crisis. If you are an eligible organization that serves families and/or individuals in crisis, you may be eligible to receive support through our MetroWest Fund for Family Support.
Grants will not be awarded to projects focused solely on seniors as other funding is available in Lexington that targets this specific demographic.
A Nonprofit Open House took place January 25, 2019 9:00 – 11:00 AM at Lexington Community Center.
The 2019 grant application submission deadline is Friday, March 22, 5:00 PM.
January 28, 9:00 AM: Application open online
March 22, 5:00 PM: Grant submission deadline
April – early May: Potential site visits
Early June: Grant Awards Ceremony
How to Apply: https://www.foundationformetrowest.org/ReceivebNonprofitsb/Grants/HowtoApply.aspx
Video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etScRJXC2bE
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Massachusetts: Lexington