Foundation / Corporation
The Mill Foundation
Grants to Illinois nonprofits for programs to benefit the disadvantaged youth of the Rockford region. The Foundation's mission is to benefit children, youth, and families in the target area, with a specific focus on helping abused, neglected, and at-risk youth residing in the counties of Boone, Ogle, Stephenson, and Winnebago.
To that end, funding is awarded to organizations which aim to transmit to these young people the behaviors, values, and life skills that will enable them to lead productive and responsible lives.
Foundation Areas of Interest:
a) Community and neighborhood development as it affects youth
b) Education grant proposals
The Mill Foundation looks for proposals which:
- Articulate innovative, visionary, and meaningful goals
- Are thoughtful, anticipatory, with some risk taking
- Present clear, specific, and measurable plans
- Demonstrate quality, effectiveness, and good management
- Provide for long-range fund development beyond the grant funding period
GrantWatch ID#: 143546
Grants are usually made for one year only; but under certain circumstances, a multi-year commitment may be considered.
Applicant organization must:
a) Be compatible with the Mission Statement of the Mill Foundation
b) Be a 501©(3) tax-exempt, not-for-profit agency
c) Provide services within the greater Rockford area, which includes the counties of Boone, Ogle, Stephenson, and Winnebago
d) Able to report on measurable outcomes.
In general, grants are not made from the Mill Foundation for the following:
• Annual campaigns
• Generally not on-going deficit budgets
• Ongoing operating expenses and project support
• Re-granting of funds
• Projects or programs that promote a religion or require participation in a religious activity as a condition for receiving services. However, grants may be made to faith-based organizations for other purposes.
• Organizations that restrict services, facilities or employment provided by the grant based on race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
The deadline for submitting an application is April 1st of each year. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, proposals are due on the next business day.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application form attached below in Supporting Documents.
Fill out and mail to:
The Mill Foundation
P.O. Box 16388
Loves Park, IL 61132
ATTN: Grant Application
Greater Rockford area, which includes the counties of Boone, Ogle, Stephenson, and Winnebago.