State of New Mexico Indian Affairs Department (IAD)
09/28/18 5:00 PM Local Time Receipt
Grants of up to $40,000 to New Mexico Native American tribes, pueblos, and nations for veterans' services and language preservation programs. Funding is intended for efficient and effective projects involving both youth and elders, to teach and preserve Native American language and culture, as well as veterans' outreach services.
Applicants deemed most responsive to the criteria below will be awarded funding:
1) Best demonstrate a thorough understanding of the tribal population to be served and their need to receive educational services promoting the preservation of language; or, their need to receive veteran’s services promoting outreach programs;
2) Demonstrate an organized plan to implement the special project that utilizes best practices and meets the needs of the tribal community to be served;
3) Demonstrate a reasonable budget with sufficient justification of costs for each line item;
4) Demonstrate a favorable record of performance in providing or administering language-learning education initiatives; and/or veterans outreach initiatives;
5) Provide a shared interest in the proposed program through supplemental financial support and/or in-kind contributions.
GrantWatch ID#: 143879
Proposers may develop a program and budget at any funding level, provided it does not exceed $40,000.
Period of Performance: Date of fully executed contract to June 30, 2019.
New Mexico tribes, nations, and pueblos, and tribal-serving organizations may respond to this notice with a proposal.
Capital projects will not be considered.
Notice of Funding Availability Schedule:
- Issue Notice of Funding Availability: August 30, 2018
- Deadline for receipt of questions: 12:00 PM on September 18, 2018
- Department response to questions: Within 48 hours of question submission
- Deadline for proposal submissions: 5:00 PM local time on September 28, 2018
- Proposal review / contact proposers for - clarification of response, if needed: October 1 - 5, 2018
- Notice of Award: October 9 - 10, 2018
- Awardee SOW and Budget Submittal: October 15 - 17, 2018
- Initiate contract process: October 22 - 26, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Questions regarding specific program requirements on this notice should be directed to Suzette A. Shije in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit proposals to:
Acting Cabinet Secretary Suzette A. Shije
New Mexico Indian Affairs Department
1220 S. St. Francis Drive, 2nd Floor
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
USA: New Mexico