Foundation / Corporation
Canadian Library Association
One award to recognize and honor an outstanding Canada individual (such as a librarian, other library worker, teacher, or author) or group (such as a school or publisher) who has worked hard to promote the freedom to hold, receive, and disseminate ideas without restriction. The general criteria for judging candidates for the award are as follows:
- Individuals and institutions having demonstrated leadership and courage in defending and promoting the principles of intellectual freedom in Canada; or,
- Individuals and institutions having demonstrated leadership and courage in resisting censorship and in opposing violations of intellectual freedom pressures in Canada; or,
- Individuals and institutions having produced innovative and creative projects, programs, or materials that promote the principles of intellectual freedom in Canada.
GrantWatch ID#: 145050
Preference is given to librarians, other library workers, and library institutions. However like-minded individuals, such as teachers or authors, and groups, such as schools or publishers, are also eligible.
* A 1-2 page statement describing national or regional impact and speaking directly to one or more of the Award criteria.
* Relevant supporting documentation.
* A digital signature of the nominator, including CLA membership number.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
CLA Advancement of Intellectual Freedom in Canada Award
C/O Canadian Library Association
1150 Morrison Drive
Ottawa, ON K2H 8S9
Telephone: (613) 232-9625 ext. 322
Fax: (613) 563-9895
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.