Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Orillia and Area (CFOA)
04/18/19 3:00 PM
Grants to Simcoe County, Ontario registered charities in eligible areas for projects that will benefit the local community. Funding is also available to award an electrical, HVAC, or plumbing apprentice that is currently completing training.
Eligible projects must serve the following areas located in Simcoe County: Ramara Township, Chippewas of Rama First Nation, City of Orillia, Severn Township, or a portion of Oro-Medonte Township (just north of Oro Station and to the east of and including Coldwater).
Funds must be used to serve individuals, groups, events, and projects, or for the purchase of goods and services, to be used within the eligible geographic area. Projects must be self-sustainable beyond the Foundation’s grant.
Priority is given to projects that:
- Meet a demonstrated need within the community
- Demonstrate a new approach or complement existing services
- Show a collaborative approach with community partners
- Involve significant volunteer participation
- Can access the necessary qualified human resources for implementation
- Include a viable plan for continued maintenance or funding
- Have a sound budget
The Foundation is accepting grant applications for the following endowment funds:
- The Smart and Caring Communities Fund (formerly The Community Endowment Fund) enables the Foundation to respond to areas of need within the community in response to applications received from local community organizations.
- The Ontario Endowment for Children and Youth in Recreation Fund was established to provide a stable, ongoing source of funding to address the recreational and cultural needs of young people. Some examples of the kinds of programs that will be considered for support are after-school cultural and recreation programs, community sports initiatives and neighborhood playgrounds.
- The Apprenticeship Bursary Fund is also accepting applications. The award will be provided to an apprentice who has completed at least his/her first year of HVAC, electrical or plumbing apprenticeship training and who is completing this training in either the geographical boundary served by the Community Foundation of Orillia and Area or in Muskoka, Ontario.
GrantWatch ID#: 145736
The monies available for grants are announced prior to the grant application intake.
Funds may only be given to programs and organizations that are registered charities or other qualified donees as defined by CRA; that service the geographic area of the Foundation; and that are self-sustainable beyond the Foundation’s grant. Funding will not be provided for political parties or used for lobbying or other political activities and purposes.
The Foundation is accepting grant applications until Thursday, April 18, 2019, at 3:00 pm.
Applications are generally accepted in the spring and fall each year.
Note: it is recommended that applicants discuss their project with the community foundation of Orillia and area (CFOA) before starting the application process.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For guidelines and to apply: https://www.communityfoundationorillia.ca/grant-application/
705-325-4903 Ext 207
The Community Foundation of Orillia and Area
P.O. Box 622
Orillia, Ontario L3V 6K5
Simcoe County: Ramara Township, Chippewas of Rama First Nation, City of Orillia, Severn Township, and a portion of Oro-Medonte from Oro Station north, and west to Coldwater