Foundation / Corporation
Lancaster County Community Foundation
Opportunity for Lancaster County, Pennsylvania nonprofits to participate in an online community fundraising program. Organizations will receive additional funds based on their total donations and may also qualify for additional prizes. The program is intended to bring new donors to local nonprofits and highlight the positive impact of charitable works on the community.
The aim of the Extraordinary Give program is to:
- Raise the level of knowledge about community benefit organizations in the county and highlight their positive impact on the well-being of local citizens.
- Support the operating needs of community benefit organizations that serve Lancaster County through at least $500,000 of stretch pool dollars and $50,000 in prizes from the Foundation and other community supporters.
- Grow the base of engaged donors in Lancaster by bringing new donors to community benefit organizations.
- Spotlight the charitable trends in the community.
On the day of the program, every dollar donated to local organizations will be stretched by at least $500,000 from the Foundation, as well as other community supporters. All donations made through the Foundation’s website will receive a pro-rated portion of this “stretch pool.” An organization’s portion of the "stretch" depends on how much is raised in total donations. For example, if an organization receives 3% of the total donations raised by all organizations participating in the Extraordinary Give, then that organization will receive 3% of the stretch pool.
A Golden Ticket is an opportunity for an organization to receive an additional $1,000 on The Extraordinary Give day. Throughout the day on November 16, donors will be chosen at random from the online donations made through ExtraGive.org to have an additional $1,000 given to the organization that received the donation. Golden Tickets are in addition to any portion of the stretch pool an organization receives.
GrantWatch ID#: 146286
Organizations applying to participate in The Extraordinary Give must meet these criteria:
- Be a registered 501c3 with the Bureau of Charitable Organizations (BCO)
- Provide an independent audit or financial review covering fiscal year ending no earlier than 12/31/15
- Must have filed a recent 990
- Serve residents of Lancaster County, PA
If you are a 501(c)(3) public charity that is sub classified as 509a1, 509a2, or 509a3 (Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3 Functionally Integrated supporting organization), you are eligible to apply for participation.
The deadline for application to participate in The Extraordinary Give is October 1, 2018. Applicants must complete their Giving Day Profile by November 15. Register by September 4, 2018 to enter to be randomly selected for an additional $1,000 “Early Bird” grant prize.
The Extraordinary Give will take place on Friday, November 16, 2018, from midnight to 11:59:59 pm, Eastern Time.
For more information on the application process: https://www.extragive.org/info/CBO-toolkit
How to complete the Giving Day profile: https://support.givegab.com/highlight-your-fundraising-efforts-through-your-giving-day/setting-up-your-giving-day-profile/how-do-i-complete-my-giving-day-profile
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Pennsylvania: Lancaster County