Foundation / Corporation
Greater Milwaukee Foundation and Oconomowoc Area Foundation (OAF)
Grants to Wisconsin nonprofit organizations, public and private schools, and municipal government agencies for programs and projects that meet the changing needs of those living in the Oconomowoc area. Consideration will be given to educational programs that meet the need of special-need students. Funding may be provided for capital projects. Grants for ongoing annual support may be occasionally awarded, particularly when there is a compelling community purpose for doing so.
The Oconomowoc Area Foundation makes grants to an area which consists of the Oconomowoc Area School District, but also Wales, Dousman, Ottawa, and Nashotah.
Priority will be given to projects pertaining to:
- Arts and culture
- Basic necessities, including food and shelter for those most in need
- Children and youth, particularly teens
- Economic development
- Education: Extra curricular or enrichment activities beyond the core curriculum
- Elders, particularly those with limited access to community services
- Environment: Preservation through reduction of pollution, conservation or restoration of natural areas, education, or protection of wildlife
- Health: Support services for persons facing life-threatening conditions or the families of such persons
- Services for persons with physical or emotional disabilities or persons with addictions
Key Considerations in Assessment of Proposals:
- Capacity of the organization to undertake the project
- Significance of the project to the community
- Effectiveness of the project design
- Significance and extent of collaboration with other organizations, if necessary
- Cost effectiveness of the project
- Credibility of plan for continued funding after grant period, when applicable
GrantWatch ID#: 147259
Grants will normally be awarded for one year, but occasionally be made for multiple years to ensure proper implementation and development of the program.
Grants for ongoing annual support will usually be made for one or two years, at the board’s discretion; in the case of multiple-year grants, the grant amounts will usually be progressively reduced during the term of the grant.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://greatermilwaukeefoundation.fluxx.io
First-time applicant registration: https://greatermilwaukeefoundation.fluxx.io/lois/new?
For questions about the application process, contact:
Fred Gutierrez, Senior Program Officer
Brad Ambelang, Program and Grants Associate
Greater Milwaukee Foundation
101 W Pleasant St., Ste 210
Milwaukee, WI 53212
USA: Wisconsin: Oconomowoc Area School District, as well as Wales, Dousman, Ottawa, and Nashotah