The grant search that gets results.
 Customer Sales & Support    (561) 249-4129     Chat With Us

Boating Facilities Program (BFP) Grants

Grants to Washington Agencies, Districts, and
Tribes for Boating Facilities Improvement

GrantWatch ID#: 147294
Agency Type:


Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office


Request a Grant Writer

Grants to Washington local and State agencies, park and recreation districts, public utility districts, port districts and Native American Tribes for projects that will improve the state’s boating facilities. Funding is intended to acquire, develop, and renovate facilities for motorized boats and other watercraft, including launching ramps, guest moorage, and support facilities.

Typical Projects:
- Renovating boat launches
- Adding guest moorage facilities
- Building parking, restrooms, and other boating amenities

Development projects: $1 million

Acquisition projects: $1 million

Combination projects (acquisition with either development or planning): $1 million

Planning projects (architecture, engineering, environmental review, permitting): The lesser of $200,000 or 20% of the estimated construction cost for development or combined acquisition/development project.

  • City or township governments
  • County governments
  • Local Governments
  • Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
  • Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally funded tribal governments)
  • See RFP and/or Grant Guidelines for full eligibility
  • State Agencies

- Local agencies
- Park and recreation districts
- Public utility districts
- Port districts
- Native American Tribes
- State agencies

The above entities must be authorized legally to develop, operate, and maintain recreational facilities.

Eligible Projects:
- Acquisition
- Development
- Renovation
- Planning (architecture, engineering, environmental review, permitting)
- Moorage floats, fixed docks, and buoys for guest boaters
- Parking and staging areas
- Permits (procurement) when required
- Ramps and fixed hoists for launching, loading floats
- Sewage pump-out stations and "porta-potty" dump stations
- Support facilities (upland), such as restrooms, showers, and picnic facilities used exclusively or primarily by transient recreational boaters
- Dredging, including both capital construction and periodic activities to remove materials deposited due to unforeseen events; dredging must extend facility usefulness for at least five years.

- Any facility for leased, exclusive use, or long-term moorage
- Any facility primarily for commercial use or commercial vessels
- Maintenance dredging
- Concession buildings or space
- Fuel sales equipment including piping, fuel pumps, and storage tanks
- Mobile vessel transporters
- Those on waters prohibiting gasoline powered motors
- Those primarily for non-gasoline powered watercraft such as canoes, kayaks, or diesel powered craft
- Master plans or feasibility studies

For Application Instructions Click Here:

Match Requirements:
Local agencies and special purpose districts must provide 25 percent match for each project, and at least 10 percent of the total project cost must be from a non-state, non-federal contribution. State applicants do not need to provide match. Tribes need to provide 25 percent match.

Match May Include, But Is Not Limited To:
- Appropriations or cash
- Bonds
- Donations of cash, land, labor, equipment, and materials
- Federal, state, local, and private grants
- Applicant’s labor, equipment, and materials

Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.

Leslie Frank, Executive Assistant
Phone: 360- 902-0220

See the full text of this grant

USA: Washington

Live Chat with a Grant Specialist

Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.

We have grants for:


Need help?

Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.

Customer Sales & Support (561) 249-4129