Project Support Grant
Grants to Westchester, New York Nonprofits
for Arts Activities, Projects, Events, and Series
for Arts Activities, Projects, Events, and Series
Foundation / Corporation
04/07/17 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $15,000 to Westchester, New York nonprofit organizations for a wide range of arts projects and activities. Funding may be used for activities such as a series or related events, programs, events, and pilot projects. Funding is intended for organizations with smaller incomes that are run by volunteers, for cultural organizations whose public programming is developed and funded by friend’s groups, and cultural organizations that offer a relatively limited season of arts programs/activities.
A wide variety of activities are eligible for support, including but not limited to:
- A series of related activities, such as a film or concert series
- A single event, such as an exhibition, performance, or arts festival
- Arts-in-education or arts education programs at your site or in schools or community-based organizations, such as curricula-related artist residencies or art-making workshops in homeless shelters
- Need-based financial aid for participants enrolling in classes or instructional programs
While each category has a different focus, the following criteria are common to all:
- Artistic Merit of Programs
- Impact and Community Need
- Financial Viability
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
ArtsWestchester seeks to support projects that demonstrate efforts to include people of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, socio-economic backgrounds, genders, sexual orientations, and religions, as well as those with disabilities.
The maximum award is $15,000 per project.
Grantees must provide services between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
- Demonstrate 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt status as a private, not-for-profit organization incorporated in New York State.
- Have a mission statement that clearly delineates the arts or local history as primary, both in focus and in actual operation (“arts” include developing skill in or knowledge of a discipline).
- Have a governing board that meets regularly, operates under a set of bylaws, and has at least one-third of its members residing in Westchester County.
- Be in good standing regarding submission of required reports.
- Have an annual revenue of at least $50,000 in your most recently completed fiscal year.
- Have presented at least three full seasons in Westchester County prior to submitting this application.
In general, ArtsWestchester does not provide Project Support grants to libraries, cultural organizations that are part of a college or university, or to groups that are part of a nonprofit organization incorporated outside of New York State. However, the following types of organizations may be eligible for Project support:
- Arts organizations that are affiliated with Westchester-based public colleges or universities that do not receive support from Westchester County Government
- Arts organizations or historic sites that are located in Westchester, but are part of an organization that is incorporated and operated outside of New York State
- Arts organizations or historic sites that are operated by a state agency ArtsWestchester will determine eligibility on a case-by-case basis, following a review of a completed prequalification questionnaire. For more information, call or email the Deputy Director (see Contact Information).
Project Support funds may not be utilized to support the following:
- Activities conducted outside of Westchester County
- Activities not fully open to the public – for example, activities restricted to an organization’s membership. Funded activities must be open to the public and funded as such (with the exception of school-based educational programs and activities).
- Benefits, fundraising activities, development staff
- Capital expenses or projects
- Deficit reduction
- Grant-making organizations/activities
- Prize money or awards
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of refreshments
- Tuition-based classes or instructional programs, except need-based financial aid
- Programs/activities that are primarily therapeutic, except by prior approval
In addition, ArtsWestchester does not fund municipalities or arms of government, schools, colleges, or organizations that are primarily recreational or therapeutic. Organizations with a mission that is primarily to provide skill-based instruction, or that derive 40% or more of their income from tuition/fees for classes/instruction, may not utilize Project Support funds to support their regular classes or instructional programs; they may be used, however, to provide need-based financial aid or to support public programs such as exhibitions or concerts.
Project Support awards fund up to 50% of total project costs. You must provide a one-to-one match, which may be all cash or a combination of cash and in-kind contributions.
You may submit up to two applications for Project Support funding in FY 2017-2018.
ArtsWestchester will announce awards in late June 2017.
ArtsWestchester will accept appeal requests up to thirty days after the date of the rejection notification.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
For more information, contact Joanne Mongelli, Deputy Director, at 914-428-4220, ext. 317, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sue Abbott at email@example.com.
31 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, New York, 10601
USA: New York
Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure GrantWatch.com provides members with the most up-to-date grants.