Arts Council of Hillsborough County
01/04/19 4:00 PM Upload
Grants of up to $2,000 to Hillsborough County, Florida established or emerging artists for professional development activities or equipment purchases. Funding is intended to support the needs of local artists and to help develop a community that is creative, vibrant, and inspiring, and that will stimulate prosperity for both residents and visitors.
PDA Grants are provided for two types of projects:
- Education Experience that will grow the artist's career, such as a residency, workshop, or conference;
- Equipment: Permanent, non-disposable equipment that will advance the artist's skills.
Applications are based on four areas:
- The relevance and impact of proposals on the artist's career;
- Demonstrated commitment to career;
- Artistic/creative excellence of the work of the artist;
- Application clarity and organization
Grant funds may only be used for the following allowable expenses.
- Equipment: Equipment purchase directly related to the creation of the artist’s work. Specifications regarding product description, supplier and cost must be included with the application (be specific and comprehensive).
- Education Fees: Attendance at an educational experience such as a workshop, seminar, or residency that is directly related to advancing the skills of the applicant in his/her discipline. Must include a brochure and/or invitation to participate that outlines program, presenting organization, location, and costs.
- Travel: Cost of travel to and from an approved education experience may be included in the grant request. Provide a quote or estimate from an airline or rental car agency showing location and estimated dates of travel.
- Lodging during travel: Lodging expenses are limited to a single room rate to accommodate the grantee only. Provide a detailed quote or estimate from the hotel for the dates that lodging will be needed. If not included as part of the package, the amount of reimbursement may not exceed the cost of lodging available through the workshop, residency or other educational offering approved in the grant award.
The PDA grant program is reimbursement-based. Recipients must be able to pay for proposal expenses and receive reimbursement after submitting receipts.
GrantWatch ID#: 147806
Artists may ask for a maximum of $2,000. If granted, the award will be for the full amount requested; no partial grants are awarded in this program
Funded projects must take place between March 1, 2019 and Sept. 15, 2019.
The PDA Grant Program is open to active literary, performing, or visual Hillsborough artists with a commitment to their art career, and who are able to show successful experience as an emerging or established artists. Applicants must have a record of artistic achievement appropriate to the stage of their career. In general, an emerging artist is an individual who is in the early stages of building their career but has a clear, definite direction. An established artist has a successful career record with an extensive body of work and good history of professional accomplishment.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Hillsborough County for 12 continuous months before application.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants and recipients may not enroll in, or be currently enrolled in, any undergraduate or graduate degree-granting program during the time their funded project is in progress.
Full-time arts-related faculty in higher education are not eligible. Artists who have received any type of individual artist grant from the Arts Council within the last three years are not eligible to apply.
There is no lifetime limit on the number of grants you can receive.
Online classes and self-paced tutorials are not allowable under this program.
Artists cannot submit in more than one discipline.
The PDA Grant Program will not support:
- Food and beverage;
- Stipends to other creatives;
- Disposable supplies/tools such as brushes, paint, canvas, etc.
- Auto rentals not from commercial establishments;
- Fuel, vehicle maintenance;
- Lodging from non-commercial establishments.
In addition, the PDA Grant Program will not support:
- Projects that take place outside the funding period.
- Tuition to assist artists in obtaining an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Proposals that benefit an incorporated business or group.
- Proposals that do not primarily further the applicant’s development as an individual practicing artist (e.g. Projects that aid in employment outside the individual artist’s practice by a business such as a full-time teacher, curator, a full-time,academic teaching, curatorial work, etc.
- Multiple professional development experiences
- Requests to purchase/rent multiple pieces of equipment.
Applications must be completed and all required files uploaded before 4:00 PM on Friday, January 4, 2019.
Grant Panel Review: Tuesday, January 29, 2:00 PM at the Hillsborough County Entrepreneurs Collaborative Center. The review panel meeting is open to the public and all current applicants are strongly urged to attend.
Award Announcements: Friday, February 22, 2019
Funding Period: Funded projects must take place between March 1, 2019 and Sept. 15, 2019. Costs incurred or obligated prior to or after this period will not be reimbursed. All expenses claimed for reimbursement must be accompanied by receipts dated within funding period.
The Artist CV: https://www.agora-gallery.com/advice/blog/2018/07/16/the-artist-cv/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://artscouncilhc.smapply.io/prog/artist-grants/
Arts Council of Hillsborough County
505 E. Jackson St., Suite 306
Tampa, Florida 33602
For questions, call 813.276.8250.
USA: Florida: Hillsborough County