Foundation / Corporation
ArtsGreensboro and North Carolina Arts Council
11/26/18 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants to North Carolina individual artists working in any discipline to engage in activities that will further the development of their career. Applications are welcome from artists at any career stage residing in Caswell, Alamance, Rockingham, Randolph, and Guilford Counties.
Eligible artistic disciplines are music (both classical and contemporary), dance, visual arts (painting, photography, sculpture, and pottery), film/video, drama, and literature. Applicants must submit samples of their work and provide a narrative description of their career development plans.
The evaluation criteria include:
1. Overall excellence of the applicant’s art work and demonstration of exceptional talent
2. Serious professional commitment to art form
3. Contribution of the proposed project to the artist’s professional development
4. Feasibility of the proposed project
Typical grant investments could include funds for expenses in the following areas:
1. Promotion/Presentation: The cost of producing a demonstration recording for a composer or performer; a multi-media presentation for a choreographer; a portfolio for a graphic artist; editorial assistance for a writer; brochures; slides; etc.
2. Travel: To specific workshops, retreats, or seminars; or traveling to gather information intrinsic to the artist’s art form.
3. Services: Rental of equipment or facilities for presentation of a new work, recording studio space, etc.
4. Supplies: Purchase of supplies and materials necessary for the completion or production of a new work deemed by the artist to be an essential work in his/her career.
5. Training: Advanced study or coaching.
GrantWatch ID#: 147814
The project timeline is January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019.
Artists practicing all art forms at all stages of their development may apply. However, applicants must currently reside in Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Rockingham, or Randolph Counties and must have lived in their respective county for one year immediately preceding the application date.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and may not be currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
Artists will have completed the basic education in their respective art form.
Staff of ArtsGreensboro or any other partner arts councils are not eligible to apply. Grant funds may not be used for tuition in degree programs.
Application Deadline: Midnight November 26, 2018. All applications to be submitted on the Go Smart online platform.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://artsgreensboro.gosmart.org/
Chip Berry, ArtsGreensboro Grants Manager
Contact one of the participating Arts Councils listed below:
Alamance County Arts Council
213 South Main Street
Graham, NC 27253
High Point Arts Council
Centennial Station Arts Center
121 S. Centennial Street
High Point, NC 27260
PO Box 877
Greensboro, NC 27402
Caswell Council for the Arts
PO Box 689
Yanceyville, NC 27312
Randolph Arts Guild
PO Box 1033
Asheboro, NC 27204
Rockingham County Arts Council
PO Box 83
Wentworth, NC 27375
USA: North Carolina: Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Rockingham, and Randolph Counties