Grants to Alberta nonprofit organizations in eligible locations for community and family services. Funding is intended for preventative services, programs, and early intervention activities. Programs may promote coping skills, crisis resistance, interpersonal skills, independence, and responsibility. The funds are to be used to enhance and enrich preventative programs and services within the City of Lloydminster.
Services provided under a program must:
Be of a preventive nature and enhance the social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity, and
Do one or more of the following:
Help people develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis;
Help people develop an awareness of social needs;
Help people develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people;
Help people and communities assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them; and/or
Provide opportunities for residents to become active participants in the community.
The Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Lloydminster Grant Funding Program is a source of financial assistance provided by the Province of Alberta and the City of Lloydminster.
Services provided under a program must not:
- Provide primarily for the recreation needs or leisure time pursuits of individuals,
- Offer direct assistance, including money, food, clothing or shelter, to sustain an individual or family,
- Be primarily rehabilitative in nature, or
- Duplicate services that are ordinarily provided by a government or government agency.
Costs ineligible for FCSS funding are:
1. The purchase of land or buildings;
2. The construction or renovation of a building;
3. The purchase of motor vehicles;
4. Any costs required to sustain an organization that do not relate to direct service delivery under the program;
5. Municipal property taxes and levies.
Deadline for submission is October 3, 2023 at 4 p.m.
Term of Contract
The grant period is January 1 to December 31, 2024. The program must take place and expenditures must occur within this period.