Manchester Youth Commission
11/28/18 4:00 PM receipt
Grants of up to $1,000 to Manchester, Connecticut nonprofits, government agencies, neighborhood groups, and religious organizations for youth programming. Funding may be used to support programs that are youth-led and/or benefit local youth. The project or program should fall under the following three categories: out-of-school or after-school initiatives; community service projects in the areas of education, health and human services, public safety, or environmental stewardship; and arts and culture programs.
The three funding opportunities are as follows:
Education and After School Services
- Objective: To increase opportunities for OST (Out of School Time) programs that provide support services for youth in grades K through 12 who live in Manchester.
- Will Fund: Enrichment programs, projects or initiatives that benefit the educational, social, emotional and/or physical well being of children.
Service Learning Projects/Initiatives
- Objective: To combine community service with education and reflection to create an enriched learning experience resulting in youth civic engagement
- Will Fund: Youth initiated service projects in the areas of Education, Health and Human Services, Public Safety or Environmental Stewardship.
Arts and Culture Initiatives
- Objective: To increase cultural opportunities for youth in grades K-12 living in Manchester.
- Will Fund: Programs such as dramatic arts, visual arts, music, dance, creative writing, or cultural activities.
Grant money may be used for supplies, materials, and other expenses that are directly involved with your project and are necessary for making it a success.
Additionally, up to 50% of monies may be used for staff or contractual services.
GrantWatch ID#: 148262
Up to $1,000
Funding must be used by August 31.
Grants are open to local Manchester nonprofit organizations and government/education organizations, neighborhoods groups, religious organizations, or other appropriate organizations.
Grant money MAY NOT be used for:
- Religious instruction, religious literature or materials, worship services, etc.
- Capital Expenses
- Donations to other organizations.
To apply, download the attached file. A minimum of two letters of support must be attached to the completed application.
Application must be completed and received by the Manchester Youth Service Bureau no later than 4:00 PM.
- November 28, 2018: Grant proposals due
- December 11, 2018: Notification to groups/organizations being considered for funding
- December 18, 2018: Public Meeting (to allow for community input)
- January 7-11, 2019: Final funding decision and notification of selection to grant recipients
- January 31, 2019: Distribution of grant funds
- Feb. through June: Site visits to grant recipients
- August 31, 2019: Deadline for spending funds
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Drop off completed application to:
63 Linden Street (8:00-4:30 PM)
ATTN: Heather W.
Mail completed application to:
Manchester Youth Service Bureau, C/O Manchester Youth Commission Philanthropy Program,
41 Center Street
P.O. Box 191
Manchester, CT 06045-0191
For additional information please contact the Manchester Youth Service Bureau at: 860-647-5215
USA: Connecticut: Manchester