Grants of up to $10,000, grants of up to $30,000, and in-kind support to Ontario nonprofit community groups and organizations to improve the quality of life in eligible locations. Funding is intended for initiatives that benefit the community and promote inclusiveness. Eligible activities benefit residents of Cornwall.
The different types of grants available through the Municipal Grants Program Policy are identified as follows:
Program 2 – Multi-Government Funding Support: provides a required municipal contribution to access funding from the federal and/or provincial government(s). Municipal Grants Program 2 provides assistance to organizations in obtaining defined federal and/or provincial government grants when these government bodies require that the municipality participate in funding the initiative. For more information, see https://www.cornwall.ca/en/resources/Municipal-Grants-Program-Policy-2022.pdf#page=7.
The Municipal Grants Program supports innovative initiatives that provide direct and indirect benefit to Cornwall residents.
Applicants must be non-profit community groups and organizations whose primary focus is within the City of Cornwall.
Repeat Municipal Grants will only be available to organizations who have complied with the reporting requirements of any previous grants.
The fund does not focus on providing funding for operating expenses of an organization.
- Individuals, businesses, publicly-funded institutions (i.e.: schools, hospitals, etc.) are not eligible to apply through the Municipal Grants Program.
- Organizations that may be located within the City of Cornwall, but are more regionally oriented, or that represent or service a special interest group shall not be considered under the Municipal Grants Program unless the organization receives funding from regional or other municipal government(s) that would also benefit from the organization’s initiative(s).
- Consideration will not be given to requests for grants from recreational sports groups, nor will funds be used to sponsor an individual athlete or team for a competition, or to subsidize participation in a sports event.
The application period will open annually on October 1, and close the last Friday of October.
The determination of the grant awards will be completed by the end of December.
An organization can only submit one application per year, whether it be for Program 1 or Program 2.
The organization must show exploration of other financial and in-kind support (i.e.: fundraising and volunteer support).
Estimated Size of Grant
- Program 1: The maximum amount available to any one eligible organization in any one year is $10,000 (cash, in-kind, or a combination of both).
- Program 2: The maximum amount available to any one eligible organization in any one year is $30,000.
Term of Contract
Guaranteed funding is only for the funding calendar year in which the organization has applied. It is not to be regarded as a commitment by the Municipality to continue such assistance in future years.