Foundation / Corporation
Oregon Cultural Trust - Harney County Cultural Coalition (HCCC)
Grants ranging from $100 to $1,500 to Harney County, Oregon nonprofits and individuals to develop cultural events that are open to the community. Funding is intended to raise awareness of the humanities, arts, and local heritage, and to improve access to arts and cultural activities.
There are three priorities for funding. Possible project strategies are included as bullets.
Awareness: Promote awareness of the arts, heritage, and humanities in our community.
- As the HCCC, be more visible and proactive.
- Promote awareness of cultural resources, opportunities, and events.
- Foster communication, collaboration, and partnerships.
- Support diverse cultural activities and organizations.
Access: Ensure that cultural activities are affordable, inclusive, diverse, and available.
- Support continued use of existing venues and the development of new ones.
- Support planning efforts and programs that relate to our community’s heritage, encourage cultural preservation, explore the humanities, or provide public exhibitions of culture.
- Encourage participation in cultural events.
- Expand public support and involvement in the arts, heritage, and humanities.
Education: Provide opportunities to experience the arts, heritage, and humanities.
- Support participatory workshops and activities for cultural self-expression, literacy, and understanding.
- Encourage resident providers of culture of all kinds to give workshops in the schools and the community.
- Support community organizations’ efforts to supplement in-school cultural curriculum.
- Encourage cultural partnerships for involving youth in cultural programs outside the school setting.
GrantWatch ID#: 148625
HCCC awards typically range from $100 to $1,500 each.
Projects must be completed no later than November 1, 2018.
Applications will be accepted only from residents of or organizations headquartered in Harney County for cultural projects and activities that benefit the community. Applicants must be designated 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations or partner with one that is willing to handle the grant funds for you, i.e., a fiscal agent. Grant proposals must address one of the three HCCC priorities.
Applications must be postmarked by November 1, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Grant awards will be announced mid-December 2017.
Grant funds will not be awarded for the same project or event more than two successive years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please mail all copies of application packet to:
Harney County Cultural Coalition
PO Box 564
Hines, OR 97738
USA: Oregon: Harney County