Grants to California nonprofit organizations to benefit residents in eligible communities. Funding is intended to support the provision of social services as well as programs in the areas of education, beautification, culture, or recreation. Eligible proposals benefit the Arroyo Grande community.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for grant monies under the City's 2022-23 Community Service Grant Program, a community organization must satisfy the following standards:
- Operate as a non-profit 501(c)(3);
- Serve the Arroyo Grande community;
- Use funds provided to directly provide* a social service, educational, cultural, beautification or recreation program or project to Arroyo Grande residents and/or businesses;
- Not use grant monies specifically for religious activities.
- American Rescue Plan Act funds are restricted to organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
* "Directly provide" means that the community non-profit organization conducts the social service(s) or cultural program(s) itself rather than through a separate entity to which it sub-awards grant monies.
Completed application forms, along with supplemental documents must be submitted by 5:00 p.m., Thursday, December 22, 2022.
Additional Funding Information
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Estimated Size of Grant
Grants awarded will be in minimum amounts of not less than $250.
Term of Contract
If award of funds is made, a recipient non-profit organization will be required to expend grant monies prior to the close of the calendar year on June 30, 2023.
Address applications to:
City of Arroyo Grande
Community Development Department
Andrew Perez, Planning Manager
300 E. Branch Street
Arroyo Grande CA 93420
For more information regarding the Arroyo Grande Community Service Grant Program, please contact Andrew Perez, Planning Manager, Community Development Department, at 805-473-5425 or at the email address above.