Foundation / Corporation
United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha and Pierce Counties
01/05/18 10:30 PM CT
Grants to Minnesota and Wisconsin nonprofits, schools, and agencies to support programs that address education, health, and basic needs for residents of Goodhue, Wabasha, and Pierce Counties. Eligible programs are those that strive to provide for the basic needs of the community, including food, housing, transportation, safety, financial stability, and equitable access to resources.
Key goals of the United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha and Pierce Counties are as follows:
Ensuring successful development of all young people in the community (including early childhood education, kindergarten readiness, social and emotional development, graduation preparedness, and career readiness)
Ensuring the basic needs of all in the community are met (including food, housing, transportation, safety, financial stability, and equitable access to resources)
Promoting healthy behaviors and access to equitable, quality care to support multifaceted wellbeing (including medical care, mental health, dental care, nutritious eating, physical activity, sexual health, chemical health, environmental health, avoidance of risky behavior, chronic disease management, and prenatal care)
GrantWatch ID#: 148828
Community Investment grants are three-year grants. If funding is approved, you will receive the amount you have been awarded each year for a term of three years so long as United Way achieves its annual campaign goal by raising sufficient funds. Each year, grant funding will be disbursed according to United Way’s fiscal year (April 1-March 31) in quarterly installments (4/20, 7/20, 10/20 and 1/20).
- The applicant organization is classified by the IRS as a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization, or a similar nonprofit tax exemption such as a school district or unit of county or local government.
- The applicant program must serve people within one or more of the communities within Goodhue or Wabasha Counties in Minnesota or Western Pierce County in Wisconsin.
- The applicant program must be making an impact in one of the United Way goal areas of education, health or basic needs.
- The applicant program must be able to demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equity.
- The amount of the United Way grant cannot exceed 50% of the agency’s organizational budget.
NOTE: United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties does not provide direct financial support to individuals.
The application deadline is Friday January 5, 2018, at 10:30pm Central Time.
Funding decisions are based upon 3 sources of information:
- This grant application.
- A site visit that will be conducted in the weeks following application deadline. A volunteer will contact you to schedule a site visit time during program hours. The site visit consists of a tour of the facility, viewing programming in action, and a short interview.
- A presentation to the panel of United Way Community Investment Volunteers. Presentations will occur in the weeks following application deadline. United Way staff will notify you of your presentation date and time. You will have 10 minutes to present and then volunteers will have 10 minutes to ask questions.
All applicants will be notified of final grant decisions before April 1.
More information: https://uwgwpgrants.communityforce.com/Funds/Search.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://uwgwpgrants.communityforce.com/Login.aspx
Maureen Nelson, Executive Director
Laura Prink, Community Impact Manager
Diane Maurer, Donor Services Coordinator
United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties
413 W. 3rd St
Red Wing, MN 55066
USA: Minnesota: Goodhue and Wabasha Counties; Wisconsin: Western Pierce County