Foundation / Corporation
Dow Chemical Company - Dow Texas Operations
09/30/18 11 pm CST (12 am EST)
Grants of up to $10,000 to Southern Brazoria County, K-12 public and private schools for projects and programs that aim to promote interest and increase excellence in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) subjects. Eligible schools are from the following school districts: Angleton Independent School District (AISD), Brazosport Independent School District (BISD), Columbia-Brazoria Independent School District (C-BISD), Danbury Independent School District (DISD) and Sweeny Independent School District (SISD). Private and Parochial schools in the Brazosport area are also eligible to apply.
The Dow Gives Community Grants program at Texas Operations provides funding to projects and programs that have long-term, sustainable benefits and contribute to the success of the communities near its manufacturing facilities.
Special consideration will be given to projects and programs that are focused on one or more of Dow’s Education priority areas:
- Classroom to Career: Ignite interest and enhance preparedness for students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields through employee engagement and strategic partnerships. Support successful career pathways, from university partnerships to skilled trades to leadership development.
- Educator Empowerment: Partner with educators to build STEM teaching and leadership skills. Support educators through employee engagement inside and outside of the classroom.
This funding is directed at specific project costs that relate to long-term sustainable initiatives. It is not intended to provide ongoing operational funding.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Are one-time input costs that result in long-term benefits
- Meet an identified community need in the area(s) of Science in Society, Contributing to - Community Success and Sustainability
- Are from organizations that are financially well administered and organized
- Have measurable results
- Generate community support and involvement
- Encourage the participation and involvement of Dow employees and retirees
GrantWatch ID#: 149119
The maximum grant funding available is $10,000 per project.
Projects must be completed by August 1, 2019. If additional funding is required to complete the project, the funding sources must be secured and confirmed prior to applying for another grant.
- K-12 public and private schools located in the following school districts are eligible to apply: Angleton ISD, Brazosport ISD, Columbia-Brazoria ISD, Danbury ISD and Sweeny ISD
- Private and Parochial schools in the Brazosport area* are also eligible to apply.
- For the purposes of these grants, the Brazosport area includes the Southern Brazoria County communities of Angleton, Brazoria, Clute, Danbury, Freeport, Jones Creek, Lake Jackson, Oyster Creek, Quintana Beach, Richwood, Surfside Beach, Sweeny, and West Columbia.
- Please request only the amount required to fund the project.
- A maximum of one application per school will be accepted.
The following kinds of projects do not qualify for funding:
- Those submitted by for-profit businesses, religious organizations for the sole benefit of that organization, individual sports teams, political organizations or candidates, labor unions, homeowners associations or individuals.
Do not apply for expenses or costs that requiring ongoing funding, including:
- Rent and utilities
- Salaries – including labor and consulting fees (e.g. engineering, architecture)
- Office supplies
- Travel expenses
- Fund raising events, giveaways or prizes
- Dues and memberships
Applications must be received by Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 11 p.m. CST (12 a.m. EST). Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
- K-12 schools applying for an education grant MUST note “Education Grant” in the project title to ensure it gets included in the appropriate selection process.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online at:
For more information, please contact Texas Operations Public Affairs at:
USA: Texas: Southern Brazoria County