Foundation / Corporation
GiveWell Community Foundation
11/13/17 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $20,000 to Polk County, Florida nonprofit organizations to increase community engagement and to address local community needs. The funding is intended to specifically support arts and culture, education, health and human services, environment and animal welfare, and local community history and identity.
Targeted areas include:
- Health & Human Services
1. Improve community-based health and wellness;
2. Address basic human needs, such as food, housing, and related services;
3. Improve the quality of life, safety and self-sufficiency of at-risk populations.
- Educational Opportunities & Achievement
1. Promote social, emotional and cognitive development of young children, including programs that support and educate parents and efforts that engage volunteers;
2. Expand academic support, mentoring and recreational programs for children and youth, particularly to close the achievement gap;
3. Broaden workplace, career and postsecondary experiences and opportunities for youth;
4. Improve adult literacy, skill development, education and workforce training.
- Arts & Cultural
1. Strengthen and stabilize arts and cultural nonprofits, and support collaborative efforts;
2. Cultivate and support appreciation of diverse cultures and art forms;
3. Deepen community-based arts education for children and adults;
4. Encourage audience development, particularly to reach underserved populations.
- Community, Environmental Stewardship &/or Animal Welfare
1. Support stewardship and appreciation/protection of Polk County’s outdoor spaces and scenic beauty;
2. Address social, economic and environmental challenges or opportunities;
3. Preserve places essential to communities' civic and historic identities.
4. Benefit wellbeing of our animal community.
GrantWatch ID#: 149312
Maximum request amount has been set at $20,000.
Project must not begin prior to March 2018 and must be completed within one year of funds being awarded.
Applicant must be a 501(c)(3) public charity or recognized by the IRS as described in the IRS Code Section 501(c)(3) as eligible for tax-exempt status. Eligibility will be verified.
Program/project must be conducted within Polk County, Florida. One hundred percent of program participants must reside in, or receive services in, Polk County Zip Codes.
If previous funding has been received from Impact Polk, the applicant must be current in reporting requirements.
The GiveWell Community Foundation will not consider an Impact Polk application for:
- Organizations that are not considered exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code;
- Organizations that are not based in or serving communities in Polk County;
- Grants to individuals (rent, utilities, etc.) or private foundations;
- Capital campaigns or purchase of capital items;
- General operating, administration *;
- Fundraising costs;
- Political campaigns or direct lobbying efforts;
- Medical or scientific research;
- Events of any kind;
- Debt reduction or bridge funding;
- Advertising space of any kind;
- Marketing unless directly related to project (registration, brochures, announcements, or playbills);
- Membership dues, fees, conference registration, or affiliation campaigns;
- Conferences, symposia or related travel;
- Religious or sectarian projects that are not offered to the general public;
- Services commonly regarded as the responsibility of the government, such as street repair, fire or police protection;
- Public or private school services required by state law, such as regular classroom instruction or athletic activities;
- Banquets, galas, walks, runs, etc.
Full applications must be submitted online by November 13, 2017, 5:00 pm.
Final grant award notices will be announced March – June 2018. Agencies awarded funding will receive a grant approval letter with detailed instructions.
FAQs and Video Tutorial: http://www.givecf.org/non-profits/polk-county-grants/impactpolk/impact-polk-faq/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions, contact:
Johnna Martinez, Grants Manager
P (863) 683-3131 F (863) 293-5684
Email: info@GiveCF.org (for both offices)
Winter Haven Office
20 3rd Street SW - Suite 307, Winter Haven, FL, 33880
1501 South Florida Ave. Lakeland, FL 33803
USA: Florida: Polk County