Foundation / Corporation
01/31/18 Postmarked or 3:00 PM hand delivery
Grant of $20,000 to a Gilroy, California nonprofit, school, or government agency for performing arts programs, including dance, opera, music, theater, musical theater, stagecraft, costume, and makeup. Preference is given to programs that provide services for which public funds are not available or insufficient.
In reviewing grant applications, the Foundation gives consideration to:
- Programs which would contribute to Performing Arts.
- The ability of the organization or program to become self-supporting after initial seed money or interim funding.
- The extent of local volunteer involvement and support for the organization’s board.
- The organization’s fiscal responsibility and management qualifications.
GrantWatch ID#: 149842
Grant applications will be accepted from nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) status, all Gilroy public and private schools, and the City of Gilroy. Grant consideration cannot be given either to individuals or to organizations that do not have their nonprofit, tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
Unless so designated by a donor in the instrument of transfer and approved by the Foundation Board, grants normally will not be awarded to:
- Endowment purposes
- Influence legislation or elections
- Basic research
- Travel to, or in support of, conferences
- Debt retirement or for operational deficit
- Programs outside of the Gilroy community
- Contributions to annual fund drives or in support of operational expenses, except during a start-up period not to exceed three years, and except as may be allowed by other considerations.
- Sectarian religious purposes (does not preclude consideration of requests for educational, medical or social service oriented programs undertaken by church affiliated or supported agencies)
- Fund the same project for more than three consecutive years, except as may be allowed by other considerations.
The competitive grant cycle opens on December 1 of each year. Applications are only available in December and January.
An original application must be submitted to the Foundation by posted mail, postmarked no later than January 31, 2018. Hand-delivered applications can be accepted by 3:00 p.m. on January 31, if prior arrangements are made by phone or email.
All applicants will be notified in March, with grant money being distributed in April at the Foundation’s Annual Meeting and Charitable Giving Presentation event.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Lissa Gaffney, Grants Coordinator
P.O. Box 774
Gilroy, CA 95020
USA: California: Gilroy