Grants to East Bay, California nonprofit organizations and synagogues whose work impacts the local Jewish communities. Funding is intended to support organizations who work toward the Federation's and Foundation's mission of tzedakah (righteous giving), chesed (loving-kindness), and Tikkun Olam (repairing the world).
The Jewish Federation and the Jewish Community Foundation of the East Bay provide grants to organizations whose work impact the East Bay Jewish community in two categories:
- Sustaining support: funds are intended to be used for core operating support
- Programmatic support: funds are intended to support a specific project, initiative in full or part
Special consideration will be given to collaborative initiatives.
The Federation and Foundation work to build a vibrant and inclusive local Jewish community, support organizations and programs that help local Jewish families and connect donors with opportunities that match their vision, values, and goals.
To this end, Federation and Foundation are dedicated to building and sustaining a vibrant and inclusive local Jewish community and supporting Jewish life in the East Bay, Israel, and around the world.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible, organizations must:
- Work toward the mission of the Jewish Federation and The Jewish Community Foundation of the East Bay.
- Contribute to Jewish communal life in the East Bay.
- Be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
- This year, synagogues are invited to submit Community Impact Grant proposals for programmatic support
Organizations can also submit applications through a sponsoring organization if the sponsor has 501(c)(3) status, and provides written authorization confirming its willingness to act as the fiscal sponsor.
- Letters of Intent (LOIs) posted online: January 4, 2018
- Letters of Inent (LOIs) due: February 2, 2018
- Invitation to submit a full proposal: February 15, 2018
- Proposals due: March 23, 2018
- Decisions announced: Late May 2018
- Grants paid: January 2019