Grants of up to $1,000 to Parrametta, Australia non-profits and voluntary organizations for one-time costs that will directly support the progression of their capacity building activities, projects or programs. The funding must to be linked to an existing activity, project or program. Capacity building activities may involve building infrastructure to deliver programs, partnerships and organizational environments, and problem-solving capability in communities and systems.
Projects must fit into ONE of the following activity categories:
1) Development and implementation of an existing project
2) Capital purchase directly related to community capacity building project/s
3) Building the internal capacity of the organization (please note that conference or academic course fees and interstate or international travel are not eligible)
4) Resource development
Here are three examples of activities funded through a small grant:
1) A volunteer group, auspiced by a not-for-profit organization, has started a local walking group, applies for funding to promote itself to increase membership and run a course on walking safety.
2) A community event applies for funding for bus hire to improve the accessibility of their event to residents with mobility issues.
3) A not-for-profit organization with paid staff applies for funds to purchase sports equipment and screen printing supplies for its existing group programs.
Eligible programs will:
-Support community based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organizations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta LGA, as described in Parramatta City Council’s 2038 Community Strategic Plan.
-Maximize access to and use of community resources, services and facilities, including equity of access for people experiencing social exclusion, marginalization or isolation.
-Encourage community participation in the development and delivery of projects and activities.
-Support the development of networks and partnerships between communities, local community groups, agencies and Parramatta City Council.
Funds are disbursed quarterly. There is a total annual pool of $20,000 available.
Additional Geographic Information:City of Parrametta
Estimated Size of Grant:
Funds will be spent within 6 months of receipt of funding and acquitted within 4 weeks of project completion.
Contact Parrametta City Council at 9806 5110 during business hours or e-mail email@example.com and quote your application number.
30 Darcy Street
Parramatta, NSW, 2150
PO Box 32
Parramatta, NSW, 2124
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates / changes / addendums / conferences / LOIs.