Foundation / Corporation
St. Croix Valley Foundation (SCVF)
02/10/19 End of Day
Grants ranging from $250 to $5,000 to Minnesota and Wisconsin nonprofit organizations in eligible counties to increase awareness of and accessibility to artistic activities open to the public. Grant funds must be used for artistic activities that occur within or benefit the St. Croix Valley in Washington and Chisago counties in Minnesota, and Pierce, Polk, Burnett, and St. Croix counties in Wisconsin.
In recognition of the rich variety of St. Croix Valley arts activity, proposals are accepted in the following categories:
1) Arts with Public Impact Grants: Bring a wider audience to understanding, experiencing or appreciating an artistic or cultural experience. The Fund seeks to support arts activities that reach beyond the presenting organization and artists, bringing the benefits of high-quality arts experiences to a continually larger portion of the St. Croix Valley.
2) Arts in Healthcare and Social Service Grants: Recognize the power of the arts for serving patients and clients of health care and social service organizations.
GrantWatch ID#: 150195
Grants range from $250 up to $5,000. Proposals may be awarded partial funding.
Grant funds must be expended within one year from the date of the award.
- The applicant must be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Applicants may also designate a 501(c)(3) organization as a fiscal sponsor.
- Applicants must also have no outstanding final reports due to the SCVF for previous arts grants.
Grants cannot be used for uniforms or for expenses already incurred by the applicant.
The applications must be submitted by the end of the day on February 10, 2019; funding decisions will be made in April.
The Wisconsin Arts Board has three requirements, which apply to applications in the “Arts for a Public Audience” (I) and “Arts in Healthcare and Social Service” (II) categories:
1) Cash Match. Applicants must match the amount requested with cash or in-kind contributions. Of this match, 50% must be cash. For example, if an applicant requests $1,000, applicants must show a $1,000 match of which $500 is cash coming from ticket sales, other grants or individual contributions.
2) Public Service Activity. A funded project must perform a public service activity such as a concert, exhibition, etc. The activity must be: a) announced to the entire community; and b) held in a setting accessible to persons with disabilities. An admission fee can be charged.
3) Applicants may not use funds from the arts board as part of their matching contribution.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For online application:
Angie Pilgrim, Grants Program Officer
St. Croix Valley Foundation
516 Second St., Suite 214
Hudson, WI 54016
Phone: 715 386 9490
Fax: 715 386 1250
USA: Minnesota: Washington and Chisago counties; Wisconsin: Pierce, Polk, Burnett, and St. Croix counties