Grants to California nonprofit organizations in eligible locations for programs to benefit and educate local residents. Funding is intended for city beautification projects and for activities to promote the appreciation of gardening and horticulture. Eligible applicants are located in the City of Folsom.
Folsom Garden Club is dedicated to spreading the knowledge and love of gardening and horticulture, the support of education in horticultural and related fields and the beautification of public and/or historic property.
To qualify, projects must:
Support Folsom Garden Club's mission of spreading the knowledge and love of gardening and horticulture, the support of education in horticultural and related fields, and the beautification of public and/or historic property.
Folsom Garden Club provides charitable funding to non-profit organizations serving the city of Folsom, California. Eligible organizations are those classified as 501(c)(3) or defined by the IRS as eligible entities that provide charitable services to their community such as public schools.
Applications will be not be given consideration if they:
- Support political, sectarian, or religious programs.
- Cover existing obligations, continuing operating support, debt, liabilities, or administrative salaries.
- Entail continued funding of previous requests. (If you submitted a prior grant you can submit again but you must prepare it as a new grant request.)
- Require funding before the annual allocation date.
- Are for projects that serve only a few people.
- Are submitted after the stated deadline.
Applications must be received by October 11, 2023.
Grants will be awarded in November of 2023 and notification will occur no later than November 30, 2023.
Folsom Garden Club encourages inquiries from grant seekers prior to completing the grant application. Please contact the Grants Committee at the email address, below.
Estimated Size of Grant
Grants normally range from $200 to $1,500; however, the Grants Committee will consider and evaluate requests for other amounts.
Term of Contract
Recipients will agree to provide 6- and 12-month project updates in May 2024 and October 2024, and to return any funds not spent as specified in the grant application.