Grants of up to $10,000 to Tennessee nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and educational institutions for programs and projects to benefit residents in eligible communities. The purpose of the program is to enhance the quality of life and encourage the creative use of resources for residents in Monroe County.
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government, or educational institution
- New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor
Additional eligibility criteria specific to the Fund for Monroe County:
- Applicant organizations must have a local presence in Monroe County; directly serve people who live and work in Monroe County; and have Monroe County citizen involvement in the organization as volunteers, staff, or board members.
The following types of requests will not be funded:
- Grants to individuals. The Foundation is restricted by law and therefore unable to provide grants directly to individuals.
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view, or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
The online application will be available September 12, 2022.
The deadline to submit is October 3, 2022.
Required: funds requested must have a 10% match. Match may be in cash, in-kind donations of goods and/or services, or a combination of both.
Estimated Size of Grant
Grants will range from $2,500 to $10,000.
Term of Contract
The grant term is December 1, 2022 - November 30, 2024.