Grants to Colorado nonprofit organizations for programs to enhance the quality of life in eligible regions. Funding areas of interest include amateur sports, education, environment, arts and culture, and health and human services. Funding is intended for programs that will benefit Grand County.
The GF will fund specific projects and programs that have measurable results (evidence of productivity, change in number, etc.).
Operational funding requests will be considered.
Emergency grant requests are available for an unusual circumstance or need.
The GF appreciates and encourages collaborative agency grant requests.
The GF supports organizations that enhance the quality of life in Grand County, Colorado.
Applicants should be tax-exempt under the provisions of section 501(c)(3) and 170 (b)(1)(A)(i.V.I.) of the Internal Revenue Code. It is helpful to also have a Charitable Solicitations Number from the State of Colorado. Other nonprofit entities demonstrating a need will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Grand Foundation will not consider:
- Late requests.
- Requests for programs or projects already completed.
- Refunding projects, programs or items purchased before the grant is approved or awarded.
- Participating in or funding of any political campaign on behalf of any issues, organizations or candidates.
- Any changes to approved grant requests without proper documentation. Grant Change Forms must be submitted to the GF for approval before any grant funds can be used.
- If an organization receives duplicate funding for a request, the GF funds must be returned. For example if a project/program budget is $5,000 and the GF and another Foundation both award $5,000 to the same project/program, the GF funds must be returned.
2023 Grand Foundation Annual Grant Cycle Applications open February 28, 2023.
2023 Grant Deadline Friday, May 1st at 12:00pm MST.
The Grand Foundation (GF) will make funding decisions during the June 2023 board meeting. Applicants will be notified as soon as granting decisions are finalized.
Term of Contract
GF is not in the practice of providing sustaining funds (multiple year commitments) to organizations.