Grants to Virginia nonprofit organizations in eligible locations to enrich and enhance the lives of local residents. Applications must demonstrate how the proposed project will meet a need within the community and improve the local quality of life. Eligible applicants must serve the residents of Halifax County.
In order to apply for the Halifax County Grant Cycle your organization must serve the citizens of Halifax County and must have a have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status in good standing.
All applications must be submitted online.
Below is a timeline of the Halifax County Grant Cycle. Exact dates will vary from year to year.
- Early August: The Grant Application process is opened
- Late September: Deadline for Grant Applications
- October: Members of the Halifax County Advisory Committee review applications before they meet in mid-November
- Mid December: Community Foundation Board approves recommendations made by Halifax County Advisory Committee
- Late December: Notification letters are mailed to organizations
- Mid-January: Checks are presented to the organizations awarded grants