Foundation / Corporation
The Miami Foundation, Miami-Dade Office of the State Attorney, 11th Judicial Circuit - State Attorney’s Denise Moon Memorial Fund
03/22/19 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $20,000 to Miami-Dade County, Florida nonprofit organizations and IHEs for programs and projects that help crime victims and promote the reduction of crime. Funding is intended to support activities that assist victims of crime, promote youth development, reduce the effect of crime on the community, and advance opportunities for job training, placement, educational attainment, and scholarships that offer alternatives to criminal activity. Funds may be used to cover expenses directly related to program implementation.
The Fund seeks to create, enhance and expand quality programs that achieve clear results in the areas below. The descriptions are intended to provide guidance, not exclude other potential approaches to the Fund’s purpose:
- Crime Prevention: Mobilize neighborhood residents to collectively engage in improving safety and reducing crime in their community by expanding awareness of how to prevent criminal activity and deter involvement; improving their vigilance and willingness to cooperate with the criminal justice system and/or creating safe public spaces that strengthen community interaction.
- Crime Deterrence: Improve opportunities for job training, job placement or other programs that can deter individuals from resorting to criminal activity.
- Education and Scholarships: Improve opportunities for adults past offenders to attain the educational skills they need to pursue a productive and crime-free future; or provide education-related assistance to individuals or family members whose chances of finishing or furthering their education have been severely impacted by being victims of crime.
- Youth Development: Reduce the risk of youth involvement in crime or violence by providing the support and opportunities they need to empower and prepare them to succeed in academics, careers and life. Approaches could include mentoring, educational support, avenues for employment and career development, personal development and enrichment opportunities or other effective approaches.
- Victim Assistance: Help individuals, survivors and their families overcome the financial, personal, emotional or other challenges they face as a result of being victims of crime.
- Human Trafficking: Provide wraparound services, such as housing, counseling, mental health or immigration services, to minors and adults who are victims of human trafficking.
GrantWatch ID#: 152426
For all focus areas, grant awards will be up to a maximum of $20,000.
The grant period is July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
Eligible applicants include nonprofits serving Miami-Dade County that show a strong track record of providing quality programs that reflect the Fund’s purpose or show strong potential to develop them.
Nonprofits may submit one proposal. Colleges and universities may submit up to 3 requests from different departments, which will be considered competitively against each other and other applications.
While the Foundation will give preference to strengthening nonprofits in Greater Miami, partnerships are encouraged with those outside Greater Miami to bring quality programs to the community. Current grantees must be in compliance with the terms of those awards to be considered.
Applicants proposing to provide direct financial assistance or scholarships must show they have prior experience and effective systems to award and monitor such assistance. They must also have broader services through which they assess an individual’s overall service needs and can follow up on the outcomes of the direct assistance.
Grants may not be used to supplant dollars for existing positions and program activities - that is, reducing existing dollars for positions and activities and covering them with this grant instead. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to sustain their programs from other sources after this grant ends so they would not be reliant on recurring awards.
- Proposals are due by Friday, March 22, 2019, at 4:00 p.m.
- Estimated notification of grant awards: Friday, June 7, 2019
- Grant period: July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: http://tmf.spectrumportal.net/
For questions, contact:
Alex Rosales, Senior Program Assistant
Denise Moon Memorial Fund
40 NW 3rd Street, Suite 305
Miami, FL 33128
USA: Florida: Miami-Dade County