Foundation / Corporation
The Miami Foundation, Miami-Dade Office of the State Attorney, 11th Judicial Circuit - State Attorney’s Denise Moon Memorial Fund
03/22/19 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $20,000 to Miami-Dade County, Florida nonprofit organizations and IHEs for programs and projects that help crime victims and promote the reduction of crime. Funding is intended to support activities that assist victims of crime, promote youth development, reduce the effect of crime on the community, and advance opportunities for job training, placement, educational attainment, and scholarships that offer alternatives to criminal activity. Funds may be used to cover expenses directly related to program implementation.
The Fund seeks to create, enhance and expand quality programs that achieve clear results in the areas below. The descriptions are intended to provide guidance, not exclude other potential approaches to the Fund’s purpose:
- Crime Prevention: Mobilize neighborhood residents to collectively engage in improving safety and reducing crime in their community by expanding awareness of how to prevent criminal activity and deter involvement; improving their vigilance and willingness to cooperate with the criminal justice system and/or creating safe public spaces that strengthen community interaction.
- Crime Deterrence: Improve opportunities for job training, job placement or other programs that can deter individuals from resorting to criminal activity.
- Education and Scholarships: Improve opportunities for adults past offenders to attain the educational skills they need to pursue a productive and crime-free future; or provide education-related assistance to individuals or family members whose chances of finishing or furthering their education have been severely impacted by being victims of crime.
- Youth Development: Reduce the risk of youth involvement in crime or violence by providing the support and opportunities they need to empower and prepare them to succeed in academics, careers and life. Approaches could include mentoring, educational support, avenues for employment and career development, personal development and enrichment opportunities or other effective approaches.
- Victim Assistance: Help individuals, survivors and their families overcome the financial, personal, emotional or other challenges they face as a result of being victims of crime.
- Human Trafficking: Provide wraparound services, such as housing, counseling, mental health or immigration services, to minors and adults who are victims of human trafficking.
GrantWatch ID#: 152426
For all focus areas, grant awards will be up to a maximum of $20,000.
The grant period is July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: http://tmf.spectrumportal.net/
For questions, contact:
Alex Rosales, Senior Program Assistant
Denise Moon Memorial Fund
40 NW 3rd Street, Suite 305
Miami, FL 33128
USA: Florida: Miami-Dade County
Fundraising opportunity for USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations to host a jazz concert held in honor of their organization or cause. Applicants must contact the funding source prior to applying. In addition to funds raised through concert ticket sales
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to reduce social inequality and promote solutions to the climate crisis. Eligible programs will address the areas of racial and economic justice, corporate and political accountability; voice, creativity, and culture; and an inclusi
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to protect natural resources on land and water in locations around the world. Funding is intended to ensure that activities to acquire metals, gemstones, and corals for design use do not have an adverse impact on the area of origin.
Grants to Florida nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and IHEs in eligible areas for arts-based programs that enhance the lives of local children and families. Applicants must participate in an online workshop and complete eligibility forms prior to applying. Fundi
Grants of up to $500 will be awarded to Florida organizations and individuals in eligible locations for projects that promote sustainability. Funding is intended to support projects that are relevant to community priorities, such as economic and social revitalization, p
Grants of up to $3,000 to USA and Canada nonprofit organizations for projects to protect wildlife and natural habitats. Funding is intended for campaigns to save specific species and ecosystems. Eligible activities include public policy work, litigation, advocacy, and d
Grants to USA and Canada individuals and families with low-income for financial assistance. Types of assistance include financial support to offset emergency expenses or to cover the cost of regular monthly bills. Funding is intended for workers and households that are
Grants to USA nonprofits, agencies, Tribes, and IHEs for community-oriented programs to reduce serious neighborhood crime. Applicants are advised to complete required registrations well in advance of the deadline. Funding is intended for cooperative projects with law en
Grant of $9,000 to a USA, Canada, or International early-career psychologist for child psychology research projects. The purpose of the program is for research and demonstration projects that foster an understanding of the relationship between self-identity and scholast
Grants of $25,000 to USA nonprofit organizations, government entities, educational institutions, and volunteer fire companies for community benefit projects. Funding is intended to support a wide range of impactful and sustainable initiatives that meet community needs.