Grants of up to $4,000 to Essex County, Massachusetts public school teachers, administrators, and groups for projects that enrich and provide educational opportunities for students in Amesbury public schools. Funding encourages and supports collaborative efforts among teachers, administrators, parents and community organizations, and supports teachers in creative endeavors.
Grants are available in the following categories:
1) Individual Grants: Maximum of $1,500 to an individual, $3,000 to a collaborative effort of two or more applicants.
2) Major Grants: Maximum $4,000. Must impact a significant number of students and must be collaborative and replicable (without further funding from AEFI).
Proposals are encouraged which address a wide variety of curriculum-based topics. The following suggested topics are encouraged by the School Department:
- Real-life skills and problems solving.
-Total health and wellness.
- Literacy initiatives for young children through middle school and high school.
- Expansion of learning opportunities for students: e.g. distance learning, expansion of foreign languages, field trips, guest speakers & artist-in-residence.
- Expanding the visual and performing arts at all levels.
No funding will be given for projects that require classroom teachers to be away from their classrooms.