Foundation / Corporation
Toronto Foundation - Helen McCrea Peacock Foundation
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $8,000 to Ontario charitable environmental organizations for protection and remediation projects in the areas of watershed, land, and wildlife. Funding is intended to support local projects that will positively impact the environment. The Foundation does support hands-on programming that helps to remediate an environmental concern.
Successful applications must have a well-developed program or project for which they are seeking funds, and they must be able to articulate clear and specific objectives, outcomes, and impact.
Past grants have been made to work in the following areas:
- Conservation and protection
- Tree planting and stewardship
- Naturalization and restoration
- Land and shore restoration
- Conservation, protection, and naturalization
- Wildlife rehabilitation and protection
GrantWatch ID#: 153713
For the most part, the Helen McCrea Peacock Foundation makes grants in the $2,000 - $8,000 range.
Grant activities should take place over the course of 12 months, starting in the Fall of 2019.
Funding is provided to registered Canadian charitable organizations whose mandates and missions are to work on environmental initiatives that are carried out in Ontario.
The Helen McCrea Peacock Foundation will not support:
- Operating deficits
- Capital campaigns
- 100% staff salaries
- Attendance at conferences
- Endowment funds
- Political or religious activities
- Event or fundraising sponsorships
- Marketing materials
- Activities that occur before September 2019
- Environmental education programs, unless the education component is secondary and supplementary to the primary focus of hands-on environmental protection and remediation projects.
The deadline for applications is April 30, 2019, with final decisions made by the Helen McCrea Peacock Foundation Board of Directors in early September.
Faxed or mailed proposals will not be accepted.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Download the application form in the Supporting Documents section below and submit by e-mail to:
Lauren Rosenfeld, Fundholder Engagement Officer
Phone: 416-921-2035 ext. 218