Montana Arts Council (MAC)
04/05/19 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 to Montana arts nonprofits, Tribes, and IHEs for operational support for arts programs. Funding is intended to promote artistic and educational programming that aligns with the Funding source's mission of advancing education, enhancing economic vibrancy, and revitalizing communities through involvement in the arts. The granting program recognizes strong operations, stable management, ongoing engagement, and high-quality programming for the communities being served. Funding priority may be given to organizations that provide service to an exceptionally underserved population.
The Montana Arts Council is the agency of state government established to develop the creative potential of all Montanans, . Public Value Partners expand their work by:
- Building relationships with audiences, funders, community, and political leaders.
- Creating greater relevance and connection to what has value and meaning to the community.
- Demonstrating a strong return on investment that brings meaning, adds vitality, and becomes a catalyst for new ways of thinking, seeing and solving problems.
GrantWatch ID#: 154256
Grants will range from $2,000 to $10,000 annually.
The grant supports activities between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2023.
All applicants must be one of the following:
- Non-profit arts organization with an IRS 501(c)(3) ruling, incorporated in Montana and registered and in good standing with the Montana Secretary of State.
- Tribal or university arts program with ongoing outreach programs that significantly extend services beyond the campus.
- Formally organized and continuously operating in Montana for a minimum of five years. Organization compliance will be verified by information on submitted 501(c)(3). Tribal or university arts programs must submit a letter with the date the program seeking support was established, signed by the authorizing official.
- A Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. (www.dnb.com)
- Minimum of one half-time staff member paid as artistic, managerial or education duties, no less than 1040 hours per year at minimum wage or higher.
- A record of arts programs throughout the year.
- A current web presence.
- Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
This program does not fund organizations whose primary focus is a single event, events held over the course of a single day or weekend, or festivals.
The deadline is April 5, 2019 at 5:00 pm. Applications must be submitted online.
Applications will be reviewed in the spring of 2019 by a panel comprised of leaders in the fields of arts and public service. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions in late June 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: http://www.art.mt.gov/application
For questions or concerns about the application process or technical assistance, or to request a large-print or alternate format guidelines, contact Kristin Han Burgoyne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-444-6449.
If someone at your organization has already registered in the system, do not create a new account. Contact MAC at email@example.com to receive your username.
Montana Arts Council
830 N. Warren Street, Helena, MT 59601
P.O. Box 202201, Helena, MT 59620-2201
P: (406) 444-6430
F: (406) 444-6548 |