Grants of up to $3,000 to New York nonprofit organizations to support activities and capital projects that benefit the local community in eligible locations. Funding is intended for the focus areas of arts, culture, and education. Projects that improve the accessibility of local events and facilities for area youth and seniors will be given special consideration. Organizations must be located in or serving residents of Dutchess County.
The following organizations are eligible to apply for grants:
1. Tax exempt organizations located in Dutchess County, New York
2. Tax exempt organizations providing services to residents of Dutchess County, New York (the organization must be able to clearly document the number of residents in Dutchess County being served)
Please note that grants are not given to support:
- Debt reduction
- Underwriting of special events (fundraising events)
- Equipment, unless expressly tied to program support
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment, capital or annual campaigns
- Projects related to partisan politics or elections
- Schools; however, grants may be made to support student/teacher community service programs targeted to assist community needs or for professional development opportunities at schools targeting disadvantaged populations
- Religious organizations; however grants may be made to support non-religious programs provided through such institutions
- Expenses that have occurred prior to the expected announcement dates of the grant awards.
Applications must be submitted by October 15th. Awards will be announced in December.