Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Grants of up to $3,000 to New York nonprofits serving Ulster County for capacity building activities and program support. Eligible programs include but are not limited to professional development for staff and/or board members, equipment to improve office operations, and support of programmatic areas.
GrantWatch ID#: 154620
Grants made through this program will not exceed $3,000. Awards range from $1,000-$2,000.
The following organizations are eligible to apply for grants:
1. Tax exempt organizations located in Ulster County, New York
2. Tax exempt organizations providing services to residents of Ulster County, New York (the organization must be able to document the number of residents in Ulster County being served)
Please note that grants are not given to support:
- Debt reduction
- General Operating Expenses
- Underwriting of special events
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment, capital or annual campaigns
- Projects related to partisan politics or elections
- Schools – However, grants may be made to support student/teacher community service programs targeted to assist community needs or for professional development opportunities at schools targeting disadvantaged populations
- Religious organizations. However grants may be made to support non-religious programs provided through these institutions
- Expenses that have occurred prior to the expected announcement dates of the grant awards
Travel expenses are excluded from professional development requests.
Fall Online Application available: 07/01/2017
Fall Application Deadlines: 10/01/2017
Award notification: December
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfdcny
Cristin McPeake, Director of Programs
USA: New York: Ulster County