Foundation / Corporation
Santa Barbara County Office of Arts and Culture
05/24/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $18,000 to Santa Barbara, California nonprofit arts organizations for general operating support or specific projects to develop the organization. First-time applicants must attend a workshop before applying. Funding is intended to encourage the stability, vitality, and development of local arts and culture organizations. Through this program, the City of Santa Barbara furthers its goals of increasing arts’ accessibility and participation while sustaining economic and community development through the arts.
To be considered for funding the grant application must:
1. Be fully completed and include all required attachments.
2. Document an immediate need for funding and a thorough organizational budget.
3. Demonstrate strategic planning and the ability to document the impact of the grant.
4. Demonstrate a stable management structure and full fiscal accountability.
5. Exemplify innovative collaboration and proof of programmatic partnerships that achieve the organization’s goals.
GrantWatch ID#: 154677
The maximum award allowed for a single grant is $18,000.
- Provide proof of non-profit tax-exempt status [501(c)(3)] by submitting copies of State and Federal determination letters. Please note that fiscal sponsorship will no longer be permissible for Organizational Development grant applications.
- Demonstrate a history of presenting arts programs in Santa Barbara for at least two years.
- Serve as an arts-based organization: a minimum of 75% of the organization’s overall budget and primary function must be related to arts/culture.
- Be able to provide a certificate of general liability insurance naming the county as additionally insured and workers comp insurance (IF the organization has paid employees).
- Operate without unlawful discrimination as to age, cultural background, religion, sex or national origin in the provision of services.
1. An organization or artist may only submit a grant application for one of the following City grant categories: CommunityArts (CA), Community Events & Festivals (EF), or Organizational Development (OD)
2. Grant funding support requests are ineligible for the following: trusts, salary replacement, prize money or endowments; capital outlay for improvements and construction of buildings or facilities or for purchases of equipment over $1500; programs in buildings that are not ADA compliant; profit-making organizations, ventures, or replacement of deficit funds; fundraising or arts services for events in which fundraising is the primary purpose.
3. Organizations primarily involved in political action, legislation, lobbying, or projects with religious purposes are ineligible for Organizational Development Grants.
4. Organizations currently receiving funds through a line item in the City Budget are ineligible for Organizational Development Grants.
All first-time applicants must attend a grant workshop. To register for a workshop or for more information, go to the Workshops and Training page: http://www.sbac.ca.gov/workshops-and-training/.
City of Santa Barbara Arts Grant Workshop (Click here to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdMuXm48MGwZXoL6BrKNTLc_Yu7jA0MGYIlW9fJMqeYcL1BuQ/viewform)
Thursday, April 18, 2019. 2:00-3:00 pm
David Gebhard Meeting Room
630 Garden St. Santa Barbara
Applications must be submitted by May 24, 2019 by 5:00 pm. The Committee WILL NOT consider incomplete or late applications.
This grant funding is provided as a reimbursement for expenses incurred.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://sbac.force.com/communitygrants/
Sarah York Rubin, Executive Director
Hannah Rubalcava, Contracts/Grants Manager
3rd Floor Rotunda, Santa Barbara County Courthouse
1100 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
USA: California: City of Santa Barbara