Foundation / Corporation
Triangle Community Foundation
Grants of $10,000 and grants of $25,000 to North Carolina nonprofit organizations in Chatham, Durham, Orange, and Wake counties for projects that improve conservation awareness and sustainable land practices for the benefit of all local residents. Funding is intended for conservation education, advocacy, community activities, recreation, agriculture, and gardens.
Priority will be given to collaborative proposals and projects that target low-income neighborhoods or communities of color.
Conservation issues in the Triangle vary in size and complexity, and land conservation itself is often misunderstood as “locking up land” instead of having public benefit for all Triangle residents. Many of these issues, however, can be successfully addressed through local, collaborative, and small-scale approaches.
Triangle Community Foundation will strategically invest in increasing local land conservation awareness and in implementing innovative, sustainable land uses through the following grant programs:
- Awareness grants will assist organizations in expanding conservation awareness and support through community organizing, education, and advocacy. Local forums, community programs and classes, and issue-specific organizing are examples of projects the Foundation will consider.
- Public Benefit grants will target projects that prioritize public use such as recreation, community gardens, local agriculture, and community conservation education that are consistent with land conservation and sustainable use. The Foundation will consider new program funding and capital projects such as trail construction, creation of garden beds, etc., as well as one-time matching funds for projects that produce additional benefits from existing conservation properties, including habitat restoration, access, and infrastructure improvements.
Grants may be used to fund personnel, professional services, advertising/printing, equipment, supplies and postage, travel, and other expenses related to the project/program.
GrantWatch ID#: 154730
Organizations may apply at either the $10,000 or $25,000 funding level.
The grant period for funded projects is between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. No more than three years of support will be provided per project.
- The Foundation invites 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations based in Chatham, Durham, Orange and Wake counties to apply.
- Religious congregations, governmental agencies, and organizations operating under fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit are eligible to apply when collaborating with a 501(c)(3) that meets all other criteria.
- Organizations must meet the Foundation’s non-discrimination policy.
- Organizations must have been incorporated at least three years prior to the application deadline.
- Only one application per organization, per grant program, will be considered.
- The Foundation will not consider funding for deficit or debt financing, grants solely for the purpose of re-granting, grants to individuals, or general operating and administrative costs not related to the project.
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 15th at 11:59pm
- Site Visits: May 6th – 24th
- Grantees Announced: June 14th
- Grant Period: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
Applicants must demonstrate diverse committed funding for requested projects. Additionally, the Foundation strongly encourages organizations to show matching funds with a minimum ratio of 1:1.
More information about the online application portal: https://trianglecf.org/nonprofits/resources-for-nonprofits/online-grant-application-portal/
It is highly recommended that all applicants review the applicant tutorial video before beginning a new application: http://www.screencast.com/t/vqaw2tb1
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=trianglecf
Questions about the grant:
Vice President of Community Engagement
Phone 919.474.8370 ext:4022
Questions about the online application portal:
Phone 919.474.8370 ext:4026
Triangle Community Foundation
PO Box 12729 Durham, NC 27709
800 Park Offices Dr, Suite 201, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
USA: North Carolina: Chatham, Durham, Orange and Wake Counties