Grants to Manitoba registered charities in eligible locations for activities that benefit the local community. Funding is intended for projects and programs within the focus areas of education, arts and culture, families, youth and seniors, health, and the environment. Proposed projects must benefit primarily the people of Boissevain-Morton.
The objectives of the Community Foundation of Boissevain & Morton are:
To support family well-being;
To promote the development of children, youth, and senior programs;
To assist and promote the arts, culture, heritage, and sports activities;
To advance education;
To support and advance the provision of medical services;
To support the enhancement of the environment;
To support social programs;
To support and advance other community activities or facilities of a charitable nature.
- The Boissevain & Morton Foundation Inc. is restricted by the Income Tax Act to make grants only to non-profit organizations with Revenue Canada Charitable Registration Numbers (RC) or other qualified Donees under the Income Tax Act.
- Non-profit organizations (NPO) that do not have a charitable registration number can only apply through an RC with which they have a formalized partnership (through a written agreement), a history of collaboration, and a similar mission and vision.
Project proposals NOT eligible for funding are those that:
- Support day-to-day operating expenses of established organizations or programs (Examples include but are not limited to: building rent, utility payments, office supplies, staff salaries and wages, etc.)
- Purchases & expenses already incurred
- Establish or add to endowment funds
- Support religious organizations
- Promote political activities or support advocacy initiatives
Grant application deadline for 2023 Granting year: October 4, 2023.
Once you submit your organization application, the BMF will confirm within 10 business days whether your registration has been accepted and if you are eligible to apply.
Applications may be mailed and postmarked no later than the above application deadline OR dropped off before the deadline.
A presentation of grants will be held in November 2023 in Boissevain. The Foundation requires 2 to 3 members from each organization requesting funding to be in attendance that evening.
Term of Contract
Grants are awarded for projects completed by August 31 of the following year.
Mail or deliver applications to:
Boissevain & Morton Foundation Inc.
c/o Raylene Conway-Smith, Executive Director
418 South Railway
Box 1075, Boissevain, Manitoba R0K 0E0
If you have any questions please contact Raylene Conway-Smith, Executive Director