County of Maui Department of Environmental Management
Funding or PIN Number:
USA: Hawaii: Maui County
LOI Date: 03/24/23 Deadline: 05/12/23 4:00 PM
Add to calendar
Grants to Hawaii nonprofit organizations, for-profit businesses, and individuals in eligible locations for environmental initiatives. Applicants must submit an initial application prior to submitting a final proposal. Funding is intended for projects including but not limited to environmental protection, conservation and restoration, recycling education, equipment upgrades, program expansion, and the collection and processing of materials. Eligible proposals benefit Maui County.
EP&S administers grant funds through two categories: Green Grants and Recycling Grants.
EP&S Grants Program:
Green Grants: Green Grants applicants can propose small-scale innovative environmental initiatives or demonstration projects that may further the mission of EP&S including projects related to sustainability, environmental protection, natural resource protection, conservation and restoration.
Recycling Grants: The Recycling Section has partnered with hundreds of grantees over the past 30 years. Successful projects include but are not limited to landfill diversion, zero waste initiatives, education, equipment upgrades, program expansion, materials collection, and the collection and processing of waste resource materials.
Who can apply:
- For-profit organizations incorporated under the laws of the State of Hawaii
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
All applicants must be in good standing with State and Federal governments.
Non-Profit and For-Profit organizations must meet ALL of the following standards:
- Be a profit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Hawaii, or a nonprofit organization determined to be exempt from federal income tax by the Internal Revenue Service
- In the case of a nonprofit organization, have a governing board whose members have no material conflict of interest and serve without compensation
- Have bylaws or policies which describe the manner in which business is conducted. Such bylaws or policies shall include provisions relating to nepotism and management of potential conflict of interest situations
- Be licensed and accredited in accordance with applicable requirements of federal, state and county governments, as necessary
EP&S Grants Information Session will be held by videoconference on March 15, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. Email staff for an invitation.
Round II Information Session: Invitation and registration link shared by email: April 19, 2023
- March 24, 2023 ROUND 1 APPLICATIONS DUE BY 4:30 P.M.
- March 24 - April 11, 2023 Round I evaluation period
- April 12, 2023 Round I results notified by email
- April 12, 2023 Round II selections receive link to application by email
- May 12, 2023 ROUND II APPLICATIONS DUE BY 4:30 P.M.
- May 13 - May 25, 2023 Round II evaluation period
- May 26, 2023 Round II results notified by email
Both categories run in two rounds: Round I—open to all applicants—is designed to gain a general overview of a proposed project, while Round II is a full proposal reserved for successful Round I applicants. Access to the Round II application will be by invitation-only after the Round I evaluation process is completed.
EP&S Grants Manager support is available throughout the application process. For questions or more information about EP&S Grants, please contact:
Cecile Powell email@example.com