Foundation / Corporation
Smith County Community Foundation (SCCF)
04/15/19 11:59 PM CST
Grants to Smith County, Kansas nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government institutions, and religious institutions to enhance the quality of life for local residents. Funding is intended to support projects that may include but are not limited to the following focus areas: arts, community development, education, environment/beautification, health, human services, recreation, spirituality, technology, and youth.
Eligible types of support:
- Project or program support- supports specific projects or programs that are often linked to an organization’s service
- Operating or general support—supports the work of an organization from administrative expenses to program costs
- Endowments—a permanent gift to be invested to provide income for continued support for an organization
- Seed money—to establish or initiate a new project, program or organization. Seed money can cover salaries and other operating expenses of a new project (also known as start up funds).
- Capacity building—activities that strengthen an organization and help it fulfill its mission either through staff and equipment, new building or renovation, publications, training and convening.
- Capital—supports construction or renovation of a facility
GrantWatch ID#: 155564
Available funds are offered each cycle until all have been expended for the current fiscal year, which runs from July 1 to June 30.
Grants may be made to 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations, educational, government or religious institutions. For-profit organizations will not be considered unless the request is for a charitable project.
Individuals or organizations that do not fall into those categories that wish to apply for a grant that is for a charitable purpose must follow expenditure responsibility as outlined in the Grant Making and Due Diligence Policy & Procedure guidelines.
Grants will be limited to projects within Smith County.
The Foundation will not consider grants to the following:
- Political projects of any kind
- Organizations or projects that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, sex, age, or national origin
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt
Applications Open: February 15
Applications Due: April 15
All applicants will need to fill out a grant application through the online grant system.
Grant checks will be mailed 6-8 weeks after the grant application deadline. Grants will not be awarded to projects that occur within the 6-8 weeks following the application deadline. Applicants will be notified via email if they have been approved or denied for funding.
How to Apply for a Grant:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Smith County Community Foundation
219 S. Main
P.O. Box 116
Smith Center, KS 66967
Phone: (785) 476-7538
USA: Kansas: Smith County