Foundation / Corporation
Central Valley Community Foundation (CVCF) and Ted Martin’s Legacy Funds
Grants starting at $5,000 to Central San Joaquin Valley, California nonprofits for programs that promote sustainability and environmental conservation in and around the San Joaquin and Kings rivers. Applicants must complete an organizational profile by January 19, 2018.
Programs must meet one or more of the following goals:
1. The acquisition of land along the rivers for restoration and/or conservation
2. Restoration of habitats for native fish and/or reintroduction of native fish populations, particularly salmon
3. Increase in water flows to benefit consistent fish populations
4. Riparian restoration to improve habitat for native fish and to stabilize banks against erosion and incision (gouging)
5. Community education, engagement, and outreach about the importance of the rivers as ecological and recreational assets and/or expanded resident access to the rivers.
In addition, eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The Program demonstrates coordination and collaboration with partners such as local government offices/officials, community leaders, and/or other Community Benefit Organization (CBOs) in implementing the project.
- The organization demonstrates strong rationale for proposed program and/or approach in the proposal.
- The program has a clear, conceptual understanding of the indicators needed to demonstrate impact.Programs that have a strong focus on measurable outcomes
- Programs that trigger matching dollars or additional resources to the region.
GrantWatch ID#: 155653
Requests range between $5,000 and $100,000.
The Foundation will solicit proposals from civic sector groups.
Timeline for Invited Applicants:
- OrgCard Deadline: Friday, Jan 19, 2018
- Grant Request Application Deadline: Friday, Feb. 2, 2018
- Notify Applicants of Award Status: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Reception: Wednesday, March 25, 2018, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: http://www.centralvalleycf.org/grants/
Kelvin F. Alfaro, Director of Programs & Evaluation
Phuong Bui, Grants & Finance Associate
USA: California: Central San Joaquin Valley; benefiting the San Joaquin and Kings rivers