Foundation / Corporation
Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)
Grants to USA, Canada, and Mexico individuals aged 35 or under, to support and encourage creativity in the art or science of illumination. Consideration will be given to candidates producing works using light in art, architecture, education, health, environmental design, software design, fixture design, and theater.
To recognize and encourage creative thought and activity in the use of light. Cash award(s) will be granted to the person(s) who preserve and carry forth Richard Kelly’s ideals, enthusiasm and reverence for light.
Applicant must demonstrate accomplishment as well as the potential to contribute to the art and science of illumination. Proposed, completed, and on-going work involving light may be submitted and should clearly illustrate the way in which the conceptual or applied use of light in new and innovative ways is used to solve or better understand a problem.
GrantWatch ID#: 155889
Anyone 35 years or under, studying or working in the art and/or science of illumination, in the United States, Canada or Mexico is eligible.
Grant proposals must be submitted by mail to IES by June 30, 2019. Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope for all submissions to be returned.
Submissions must include:
- Written materials, artwork, photographs or drawings, models, VHS videotapes, DVDs, or USBs (ten minutes, maximum). Images must be numbered and keyed to the text of the submission description. Note: Electronic submissions must be in high resolution JPEG format.
- A one-page written outline summarizing the work and discussing the thought process behind the submission.
- A description of how the grant would be used to further the applicant’s education or research in lighting. Applicants must agree to use grants for the purposes described and be prepared to report back to the Board on the progress of their work.
- Personal resume including full contact information and date of birth, and curriculaum vitae
- Two letters of reference to be sent, in sealed envelopes marked with the applicant’s name on the back, directly from the writers to the Grant at the address below.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to:
The Richard Kelly Grant
Illuminating Engineering Society
120 Wall Street, Floor 17
New York, NY 10005
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.