Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation for South Central New York - The Women's Fund
Grants ranging between $1,000 and $8,000 to New York nonprofit organizations, schools, and public agencies to address the needs of women and girls in Broome, Otsego, Delaware, Chenango, and Tioga Counties. A letter of inquiry is required before applying.
Funding is available for projects or programs that use innovative and collaborative approaches to create positive change and that demonstrate the potential to improve the well-being of women and girls throughout their lives.
Proposals must address one or more of the following areas:
- Promoting economic self-sufficiency
- Supporting healthy decision-making and taking control of one’s life and improving self-esteem
- Strengthening social support
- Leadership development
- Personal Safety
- Serving women and girls in crisis situations
GrantWatch ID#: 156216
Grant requests for a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $8,000 will be considered.
- The Women’s Fund of the Community Foundation will consider requests from any 501(c)(3) for a program or project that will primarily but not exclusively benefit residents of the Foundation’s service area (Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and/or Tioga counties.)
- It will also consider requests from certain local government agencies, municipalities and public school systems within its service area, provided that the proposed project fits the Fund’s criteria for consideration. The determination as to whether a proposed project, or agency, fits the Women’s Fund’s criteria for consideration is made by the Community Foundation for South Central New York.
Ineligible applicants and projects:
- Operating or program deficits
- Funding to pay existing mortgages
- Funding to reimburse an organization for costs that were incurred prior to the date the grant is to be awarded
- Funding to churches or organizations for religious purposes
- Funding to organizations that have so many counterparts (e.g. scout troops, ambulance squads, volunteer or municipal fire departments, individual schools within a school district, PTAs) that it would be difficult to assess the relative merits of similar proposals
- Grants to individuals
- The Women’s Fund will consider grant proposals once during 2019.
- Inquiries must be made by Monday, May 27th, 2 weeks prior to the due date.
- Proposals are due on Monday, June 10th, 2019.
- Awards will be announced in mid-August.
How to create an account video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etScRJXC2bE&feature=youtu.be
How to start an application video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYIBIKyW83Y
How to apply: https://donorswhocare.org/grant-seekers/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=southcentralny
For questions or a paper application form, please contact:
Tina Barber, Program Officer
The Women's Fund
Community Foundation for South Central New York
520 Columbia Drive, Suite 100,
Johnson City, NY 13790
Fax (607) 722-6752
USA: New York: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and/or Tioga counties