Foundation / Corporation
Straits Area Community Foundation
Grants of up to $1,000 to Michigan nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and schools for activities that will benefit local Cheboygan County and Mackinaw City youth (under 18 years of age). Priority will be given to projects that address the following issues, as determined by a tri-annual needs assessment survey:
4. Drug Use/Abuse
5. Alcohol use/Abuse
6. College/Preparations for the Future
7. Academic Stress
8. Self‐Esteem Issues
Proposals seeking "seed money" for projects that are new, dynamic, and that show funding support from additional organizations are given stronger consideration.
GrantWatch ID#: 156939
Applicants may submit requests up to a maximum of $1,000 per application cycle unless otherwise indicated.
Grants are normally paid within one year of approval. If necessary, a written request may be submitted for a six (6) month extension.
- Your organization must provide benefits to those within the geographic area of Cheboygan County and Mackinaw City.
- Your organization must be recognized as a non-profit charitable organization under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code. (Schools and government agencies are also eligible. Grants to religious organizations will be considered only if they serve the general public and do not have religious overtones of a sectarian nature.)
- No grants are made to individuals.
- Grants are made for future projects only. No funding will be given for projects completed before final board approval. Grants are not made for routine operating needs or budget deficits.
- The Community Foundation discourages repeated applications for sustained funding of programs.
The SACF YAC Grant deadlines are March 15 and December 15 and must be postmarked by the deadline date.
A representative from your organization will be required to make a brief presentation to the YAC members. (Meetings for these presentations are usually held on a Sunday at 1:00 PM.) You will be notified of the date and location of the meeting after your proposal has been submitted.
Board approval is usually within six (6) weeks of the grant deadline.
For accounting purposes, all allocated funds are disbursed upon receipt of documentation of the expenditures.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or email grant applications to:
P.O. Box 495
Alpena, MI 49707
If submitting online, you will need to have both the Executive Director and the Project Coordinator sign the first page of this application. Please print it, have it signed, and mail it to the address above, or email a scanned version, complete with signatures to the email address above.
USA: Michigan: Cheboygan County and Mackinaw City