Foundation / Corporation
United Bank Foundation Massachusetts
Grants starting at $5,000 to Massachusetts nonprofits for community and economic development programs that benefit underserved individuals and families. Funding is intended to help communities that are served by the Fund and in which employees reside.
Priority is given to:
- Organizations and programs that promote and support community development and benefit disadvantaged and/or low to moderate-income individuals and families
- Organizations and programs that have United Bank employee or customer involvement.
Special consideration will be given to programs in the areas of:
- Affordable Housing: Programs that provide access to housing for families and individuals by providing credit counseling/credit repair, financial literacy education.
- Community Service: Investments in health care, education, job training, workforce development, childcare, credit services or financial services.
- Economic Development: Programs that support or benefit small businesses, small farms and job creation efforts.
- Neighborhood Revitalization or stabilization: Programs which attract or retain business or individuals to low to moderate income geographies distressed or underserved areas (as designated by the federal, state, local or tribal governments) or disaster areas.
Additional areas of interest:
- Education: Initiatives at the primary, secondary and post-secondary levels that raise the aspirations of students in the community, support early literacy as well as initiatives that support the education process.
- Health and Human Services: Programs that are essential to the underlying medical care of the Community. Initiatives that focus on physical and mental wellness and provide access to the services needed for economic self-sufficiency.
- Youth Programs: Programs that assist in improving the quality of life for children in the Community or programs that foster education, learning, and leadership as well as build early literacy skills.
- Cultural Programs: Programs that assist in enriching the quality of life for residents of the Community by cultivating an appreciation of the art, music, museums, libraries, and other cultural resources.
The Foundation will consider supporting projects and initiatives that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Are directly related to the Foundation’s priorities and areas of interest stated above
- Include a strategy for leveraging other resources and support from the region
- Produce cost-effective results that can be measured and evaluated
- Provide incentive and stimulation for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem solving
- Encourage coordination and collaboration with other efforts
- Advance innovative and long-term strategies that will address recognized needs
- Demonstrate an ability to be sustainable or to obtain future funding if needed
GrantWatch ID#: 157185
Requests should be over $5,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send the completed grant application form, attachments and supporting documentation to:
Daniel Flynn, President
United Bank Foundation MA
95 Elm Street, P.O. Box 9020
West Springfield, MA 01090-9020
Please contact the Foundation office with questions: 860-291-3856