Foundation / Corporation
Massachusetts Reading Association (MRA)
Award to a Massachusetts educator in recognition of exemplary and outstanding contributions to literacy. The award aims to call attention to the work that is being done locally to improve the quality of reading instruction and teaching techniques.
The funding source fosters literacy throughout Massachusetts by administering a state award to be presented at the MRA Conference annually. Local and Special Interest Councils are encouraged to present this award each year. Recipients serve as nominees and one person is selected for the MRA Celebrate Literacy Award.
Candidates who have shown exemplary accomplishments in any of the following areas may be suggested for consideration as Celebrate Literacy Award recipients:
- Direct teaching at any level
- Organizing local literacy programs
- Promoting support from the public relative to enhancing literacy
- Producing teaching materials or special media for literacy programs
- Conducting research in field related to literacy
- Conducting special surveys of importance for literacy planning
- Providing young people the opportunity to help in literacy activities
- Conducting informal educational activities of a social, cultural, economic, or political nature in which literacy activities are included (radio and television programs, publications and press, library programs, and projects for special populations, such as the handicapped and the aged).
GrantWatch ID#: 157979
The nominee should be an individual, agency or institution whose contribution:
- Is directly involved with literacy
- Has significant impact on the community
It is important that nominations be electronically submitted by January 15, 2018.
The MRA Celebrate Literacy Award is presented to the recipient by the Celebrate Literacy Committee Chair during the annual MRA conference.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email nominations to:
Linda Lindsey, ILA/MRA Celebrate Literacy Chair
Massachusetts Reading Association
P.O. Bo 426 West Barnstable, MA 02668