Foundation / Corporation
03/31/18 8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PST
Awards of $1,000 to honor and recognize USA state, district, council, regional, and local PTAs that have demonstrated excellence in efforts to eliminate discriminatory practices and to promote inclusion and diversity. The following types of PTAs should apply for funding:
- PTAs with proven efforts in welcoming diverse members of their community.
- PTAs who have effectively hosted multicultural events to engage diverse communities.
- PTAs that have been able to recognize and address issues regarding bias, prejudice, and misunderstanding to promote diversity and inclusion.
- PTAs who have effectively partnered with community organizations to increase brand awareness of PTA in their community including underrepresented groups.
- PTAs who have made meaningful connections with key members of the community to impact membership and volunteerism.
- PTAs who have increased the diversity of their board.
- PTAs who have had success in diversifying their membership.
- PTAs interested in continuing to grow their initiatives and efforts to expand their outreach.
GrantWatch ID#: 158082
There will be three awards in total (one award made to a state PTA, one to a district/council/region PTA, and one to a local PTA).
Winners Will Receive:
- $1,000 cash award
- 1 Plaque/Trophy
- Honor at the D&I Breakfast at the National PTA Convention
- Honor at the Awards Program at the National PTA Convention
- 2 tickets to the Diversity and Inclusion Breakfast at National PTA Convention
- 2 tickets to the Awards Dinner at National PTA Convention (1 person recognized on stage and individuals must be the same as those attending the breakfast)
- Potential opportunity to be a speaker at the Diversity and Inclusion Breakfast
- Certificates for PTA members named in the application
The diversity and inclusion efforts described in the application must have taken place within the last calendar year.
Applicants must be one of the following types of PTAs:
- Local PTAs in good standing as defined by the state in which they are chartered.
- District/Council/Region PTAs in good standing as defined by the state in which they are chartered or if part of a state structure, state PTA is in good standing with the National PTA Standards of Affiliation.
- State PTAs in good standing as defined in the National PTA Standards of Affiliation.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application criteria and to view a preview of the application.
Once you have gathered all of the components for your application, submit the application online by the deadline of Saturday, March 31, 2018, 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST.
The award will be presented at the 2018 Annual National PTA Convention and Expo, June 21 – 24, 2018 in New Orleans, LA.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://webportalapp.com/webform/2018janharpdomeneaward
For questions, email Diversity@PTA.org or call (800) 307-4PTA (4782).
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming