Awards of up to $20,000 to Canada researchers and data analysts to tackle a challenging health policy or health care question using data analysis. Teams authorized to access Canadian health care data sets are invited to compete for the awards by using their data to answer at least one of the following questions:
1) What is the rate of repeated laboratory tests within a ninety (90) day period?
2) What is the rate of repeated diagnostic imaging tests within a ninety (90) day period?
3) Does prompt access to a discharge summary (within 2-4 days) by primary care providers reduce the rate of readmissions and/or emergency department (ED) visits?
4) Does pharmacist access to a patient’s dispensed medication history at the time of dispensing affect the rate of inappropriate prescriptions for opioid analgesics and benzodiazepines?
5) What is the rate of follow-up (first patient contact by the ordering clinician) for abnormal lab results, within one week?
6) For one of the Choosing Wisely Canada recommendations referenced below, provide the specified baseline metric?
Each submission will be judged by experts against specific criteria to select the award recipients.
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Number of Grants:
Estimated Size of Grant:
Canada Health Infoway
150 King Street West, Suite 1300
Toronto, Ontario M5H 1J9
Tel.: (416) 979-4606
Toll Free: 1-888-733-6462
Fax: (416) 593-5911