Grants to Alberta registered charities and qualified donees in eligible locations for initiatives that improve the quality of life for residents and local communities. Funding is intended to support activities that strengthen communities and embrace diversity. Applicants must serve the Northwest Alberta region.
The Community Foundation supports growth and innovation through grants for projects that:
Demonstrate local action to achieve results
Link the organizations mandate and strategic plans
Show evidence of collaboration with others in the same field within the region
Work together to create a better future and to address challenges
Grants aim to support the region of Northwestern Alberta.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have met all reporting requirements if have received other grants from the Community Foundation.
- Demonstrate inclusiveness and respect for cultural diversity.
- Demonstrate financial responsibility and effective management.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the project through a meaningful contribution of their own human/and or financial resources.
The Community Foundation does not offer Community Impact Grants for:
- Sports/club events or sponsorships
- Fees for professional performers or guest artists
- Support for individuals
- Endowment funds
- Activities of religious organizations that primarily serve their membership and/or direct religious purposes
- Political activity that is prohibited by the Canada Revenue Agency
Applications for 2023 will open May 1, 2023 and close September 30, 2023.
All applications are accepted through the online portal.
Staff may contact you to discuss your application or request additional information about your project or organization during the review process.